New member question ?

edited July 2006 in Folding@Home
Hi guys,

I want to join the team too :) I have been folding since almost a year and some points accumulated already. When I start to fold for team 93 by changing my team number from 0 to 93, will I be bringing my score to the team or start from zero? Will I be resetting my scores by doing so? Does anybody know?

Thanks

Nothing spectacular but ... You can see my current status here with team number 0.

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=gungor&teamnum=0

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Hey Mirage I glad to see you wanting to join Team SM :)

for the most part you will start fresh with Team 93, but the points fromteam 0will still be under your name. The only difference is that when you look at your stats it will list stats for Team - 0 and than team 93 after you start rolling in points...

Note: 5 - 7 CPU's is a nice sized Farm :)
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2006
    Unfortunately your previous points are not transferrable like with SETI. You won’t lose your points with Team 0, they won’t go anywhere, but you will indeed start back at 0 on team 93. I know it sucks. But the bright side is you get to hit all those milestones again! :)

What sledge said too. :rockon:

~FA
    edited July 2006
    I don't think he had milestones before...
    edited July 2006
    No I meant if he was keeping track of things himself. Like when he passed 100K and such. :) Now the occasion will be recognized.

~FA
  • edited July 2006
    Thanks guys for the quick answers. Well, okay then, I will try to climb up the steps again in team 93. Two of my processors are not functional now. Because I lost a motherboard to Dual-Core Smithfield's heat. Actually, CPU was also gone with that but I bought another ... long story. :( When I receive my MB from RMA I will be folding 7/7 again. Followings are the processors as you see I am heating the house from the basement :)

1 Pentium-M 2 GHz, WinXP
    1 Athlon XP-M 2.4 GHz, Win XP
    1 Pentium III 1.33 GHz Win2K
    1 Xeon 3.06 GHz (at work) WinXP
    1 Pentium 4 3.45 GHz Slackware Linux :thumbsup:
    2 Pentium-D 805 (I am not sure about the frequency yet :):hitit2: )
    edited July 2006
    Damn man...that's some good solid power! Can't wait to see you flying through the ranks!:fold:

~FA
  • edited July 2006
    Damn man...that's some good solid power! Can't wait to see you flying through the ranks!:fold:

~FA

Thanks dude, but all of the CPU's are El Cheepo processors. I usually avoid paying more than $100 for a processor, same for MB and video card. Pentium-M was $50, and after overclocking both of them, it has the same Super-Pi score with Pentium-4 3.45, my most expensive processor:wow2: . By this way, I can have more computers to play with.

I already switched three of the FAH Consoles to team 93:clap: I will switch the others tonight. See ya !
    edited July 2006
    They may be cheap, but they're all good strong folders maybe with the exception of the P3.

~FA
  • edited July 2006
    They may be cheap, but they're all good strong folders maybe with the exception of the P3.

~FA

You are right, but that PIII is my favorite. Maybe I had to retire that computer years ago but recently I bought a new motherboard (ASUS TUSL2-M from ebay) and MATX case for that computer, can you believe that? I just enjoy seeing it churning along.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Mirage, thank you very much for joining our time. Many of us were previously on other teams. We'll enjoy watching you churn up the Team stats page!
  • edited July 2006
    Thanks Leo, nice to be on the same team with you.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    welcome to the team mirage... iu have a good feeling about u...u named urself after one of my favorite transformers
  • edited July 2006
    Thanks, I like the mirage name because I believe everything is different than it appears to be, there is no single truth or reality. So we have to be flexible, understanding, open minded to each other, and have good faith and intentions in our actions. There goes mirage ...

Freedom and doing my own work are the most important things to me, but living in a society requires limiting your own freedom with the borders of other people's freedom, and letting them do some work for you while you do some for the others. For the ultimate freedom and doing own work, one has to be alone. There goes the lone wolf ...

So these are my utopia, and going back to real world, nice to meet you WuGgaRoO
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Welcome aboard, mirage. :)
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited July 2006
    Welcome to the team, mirage! :thumbsup:
    Leonardo wrote:
    Mirage, thank you very much for joining our time...
    :D
    edited July 2006
    Welcome sir Mirage

Hope to see you in the top team stat pages....
  • edited July 2006
    Welcome sir Mirage

Hope to see you in the top team stat pages....

Hi everyone, Sledgehammer, Prof, Trogan, thanks for the warm welcome. I will do my best.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Welcome to our Folding Family!!!!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Welcome to the team mirage ...welcome!
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    Welcome to Team 93, Mirage.