Color settings too dark... what to change??

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited August 2006 in Hardware
I've noticed this for a long time, but it hasnt really bothered me until today. My screen and the pictures/videos are WAYY darker than they are on other computers. I looked a set of pictures on my sister's laptop, put them on the shared folder, then opened them up on my computer and they were 500% different. Viewing them on the laptop, they were fine - obviously night time pictures, but I could see every person in the pictures. On my computer, they were all completely black - I could only see a few lights from business signs in the background, but not make out a single person in the photo. I can't imagine now how many pics I've deleted from my camera that I thought were too dark because I couldnt see them on my screen... :shakehead

I've got an x800pro with the 6.14.0010.6587 drivers and the ATI Catalyst installed. I see where I can change all the color, brightness, and gamma, but don't have a clue how much/which one, etc. Can anybody help or recommend a site/program that I can use? I'm in a black hole here :p Thanks!!