Asus P5B Deluxe
E6300 L627 stepping
OCZ DDR1000 Alpha VX2 2GB
Big Typhoon

Software shows 55c load in 24c ambient.

1.55 vcore
2.35 vdimm
1.65 chipset volts

I just got it and still testing for stability. Looking good so far.
100.JPG 119.9K

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I sure hope my Allendale does that. One week earlier, though.
  • edited September 2006
    That looks great, Mack. :thumbsup: I just hope that the cheaper boards like the vanilla P5B (non-dlx) or DS3 or S3 can do these kind of fsb speeds too. And without all the hassles of being picky with mem dividers and such. I want to build an Allendale rig up with my e6300 I bought before my e6600 came available, but I really don't want to spend another $200+ for a mobo that overclocks the fsb well. I want to have more upgrade money available for premium ram for what will become my new main rig, when I get a new hard drive for it.

BTW, that's the same week of manufacture of my e6600. It had a pack date of 8/11/06 too. Also, what are you cooling it with, Mack? I know that it's a BT, but what fan? Those temps look a bit high and I bet you can get a better overclock with more effective cooling. I'm using a Panflo M1A on my BT, which is on an X2 4400 folding rig.

EDIT: I'm thinking that Thrax's choice of the U-120 is going to be "teh winnar" in cooling a Conroe really well. My XP90-C with a Delta 3 blade also rocks the house. :headbange
    edited September 2006
    Just 30 more hours until I can start cranking out benchmarks. :D
  • edited September 2006
    I can't wait to see how your system with the 7950GX2 will waste the vid card benches, Thrax. :thumbsup:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I used a Ysetech fan that's puching a lot of air so i have a feeling the IHS is very concave. I have a 6700 that's round like a ball :( Gonna lap it shiny tomorrow and see. Aslo, Thrax, you should really consider a Sata burner soon as the IDE controller on both the 975 and 965 chipsets sucks donkey. Impossible to use, at least boot from at these speeds. Had to disable the controller in the bios. And, this is how good the chipset looks like. Just remove it, clean it and use some real goop under it. The same heatpipe goes to the fets, but i left the gooptejp as it was. The chipset has some sort of Asus aluminum thing glued to it. Rip it off as it actually makes things worse.
    edited September 2006
    Hey, you think that the old Serillel adapters for the NF7-S 2.0 would work on the NECs? I have a few kicking around. I can't afford to shell out $200 for inferior Plextor opticals after this rig.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Good idea. I will test tomorrow as well.
  • edited September 2006
    Yeah, let us know how it works out. I also have a couple of those Abit serillel adapters laying around too, from my old NF7-S and IC7-G systems. I just ordered a new DVD burner from the egg last Friday for my Conroe system and it would be nice if it would work with the adapter. I'm like Thrax in that I won't be raped by Plextor for their overpriced sata DVD garbage. At least the i975 chipset's southbridge still includes 1 channel of IDE on it. I'm not worried about it being IDE since the P5W has a good IDE channel for my optical drive, but running a sata cable is much neater than the old ide ribbon cable.