Help pc wont load

Yayo01Yayo01 Member
edited September 2006 in Hardware
ok here it goes....i was playing a game when a thunder struck "somewhere" and it shutted down my pc...now when i tried to reboot it yes..it still boots post and stuff but when it reaches that "windows xp" loading screen, Im getting a "Disk Read Error, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" error message and i tried too reboot it but the same error still shows! Im desperate here! what caused this weird error? :\

This kind of accident happend to me 30 times or so already in my old 2.4ghz machine (im currently using) and never broke down and still in perfect condition.

Oh yeah one last thing i noticed is that the Primary IDE Master suddenly switched from my HDD to my CD-Rom drive and the slave is my HDD after i tried to reboot it.

Thanks In Advance!

-Chris/Yayo01

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    It could be a disk error. In that case a reapir installation may work.

Or you may have fried the on board disc controller, or the board on the HDD.
    You could test this by using another HDD and see if everything works.

Didn't you UPS protect you? If you plug a computer in without one then, well stuff will happen.
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited September 2006
    Repair using XP CD? will that thing erase my files? and i dont have anyother HDD lying around.

and i dont have a UPS but i do have a Voltage regulator (is that enough?)