Good Corporate AV Software

CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
edited September 2006 in Science & Tech
Hey, guys.

Our contract on Symantec's corporate AV expires at the end of November, and I've been charged with evaluating other options and deciding if we should go elsewhere or stay with Symantec. Personally, I dislike Symantec, as it requires far too many reboots to servers upon applying updates, and the client is a fairly decent memory hog.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I've heard a little about Sophos, and I really like Avast!'s home version. Anyone have experience with it in a corporate environment?

Thanks!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I have experience with both AVG corporate and Symantec, and I must say I prefer symantec.

For client software, I prefer Kaspersky.

AVG corporate is a pain in the ass to set up, no lie. Symantec is way easier. Once they're set up, they both "just work" - so if you prefer to ditch symantec, and feel like wrasslin' with AVG setup, I can recommend AVG as a solid product.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    My school uses TrendMicro, not sure how good of a product/company they are, but we dont seem to have any instances of a computer being taken down from a virus, so it must be working.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I use (TrendMicro) officescan for desktops and (TrnedMicro) Serverprotect for servers. Both are excellent, mature enterprise level suites. Never had a problem with either. We did evaluate symantec corporate but found Officescan just worked better (especially the very intuitive central admin interface) :)

We protect 400+ Windows servers & over 1700 Windows XP desktops :)
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited September 2006
    I like Avast.

Intalled it company-wide at my last Network Admin position.

It has a small footprint, auto-updates, and even has the ability to feret out spyware.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    RADA wrote:
    I like Avast.

Intalled it company-wide at my last Network Admin position.

It has a small footprint, auto-updates, and even has the ability to feret out spyware.

How large was the deployment, and how are the central management tools? I'm probably going to look at it next week.