Who are you?

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Your PCs sound like they have some pretty decent specs. The RAM on the notebook is a little light, but you're right that it will be good for watching movies.

Welcome to Short-Media!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Welcome Paolo, Mike and Charlynn!
    Glad to have you join our little worldwide family here.
    Hope you enjoy the site.
    There's always something interesting going on around here.
  • msbcmlmsbcml Kentucky
    edited August 2006
    Well thank ya'll!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Welcome! Glad you decided to join. :)
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited August 2006
    My name is Russell and I come to you folding, from the land downunder.

I usually run with 10 boxen, I am down a few at the moment as I am upgrading a couple to dual-cores.

Will take a little bit of time to settle in as I get to know fellow members.

Have been playing with computers since July 1999, and I am an early adopter of the latest gear.

Datsun 1600
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Welcome to the team.

Now, on that note:

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH YOU CRAZY AUSTRALIANS AND YOUR MASSIVE FOLDING FARMS? ;D

Not that I'm complaining! We are very glad to have you on board! :thumbsup:
    edited August 2006
    Welcome to the team.

Now, on that note:

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH YOU CRAZY AUSTRALIANS AND YOUR MASSIVE FOLDING FARMS? ;D

Not that I'm complaining! We are very glad to have you on board! :thumbsup:
    What, you mean your not addicted to Folding@Home? :):)

I know I am.

Datsun 1600
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2006
    If your so dedicated wheres your folding sig with your stats....huh didnt think of that one, did ya? :wink:
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited August 2006
    Welcome to team 93 Datsun,

you Aussies sure know how to fold. You're in great company here and we look forward to hearing more from you and celebrating you milestones. Hope you keep Prof busy. :p
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    :wow: Some more serious folding going on... Welcome to our family and thanks for helping us find a cure!!! :thumbsup:
    edited August 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    :wow: Some more serious folding going on... Welcome to our family and thanks for helping us find a cure!!! :thumbsup:
    Just added a dedicated E6600 Conroe @ 3 Gig Boxen, must be time for bed, Yep.

Datsun 1600
  • ShalimarShalimar Touching the Stars
    edited August 2006
    Hello my name is Nastashia, my friends call me Nassi and I too am based in Sydney Australia

At the moment we have pc's folding all over the place and for 2 teams untill we can figure which ones are folding for what team.

I am heaps easy to get along with and hope to make many new friends here at SM where it all began for me.

We mostly have Intel 3.4 & 3.6Ghz 1 to 2 gig of ram per pc and are awaiting the core 2 setup to establish itself before upgrading. My brother calls the shots. We also have a few noconas but they do not fold.

Thank you for making my close friend Datsun 1600 and i welcome.

Shal
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Welcome to you both! :) You'll be hard pressed to find a team with more spirit than ol' Team 93. We've been through a lot together
    edited August 2006
    Yep... we are more of a family. We REALLY try to make folding fun for the big farm and the little Pentium II folks.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2006
    A warm welcome to all the new folks. Also great to see a few more "Ockers" joining in the fun.:thumbsup::ausflag:

Oh, and we're not crazy Brian....................just a little bit different.:honoes:

Well, maybe a LOT different.;D ;D
  • Dude-GuruDude-Guru St. Louis, MO
    edited September 2006
    Well boys and girls I just joined folding @ home for team 93. Only running a HP A1101 but every little bit helps right?
  • edited September 2006
    G'day. I'm Steve. I came here to keep in contact with Shalimar and datsun1600. Nice little community you have here.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2006
    Welcome Dude Guru, and yes, every little bit helps.
    As a matter of fact, a lot of little ones from people all over the place make a HUGE difference.:thumbsup"

G'day Steve. Welcome to you too. Is it to keep in contact or "to keep an eye" on them. Sound like a wild bunch of East coasters.;D

Jon
    West coaster. (yes, i heard. Eagles lost by 1 point):(
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    dragonV8 wrote:
    A warm welcome to all the new folks. Also great to see a few more "Ockers" joining in the fun.:thumbsup::ausflag:

Oh, and we're not crazy Brian....................just a little bit different.:honoes:

Well, maybe a LOT different.;D ;D
    You have to be different............to stand on your heads all day and play with sharks and crocks for fun. ;)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    A warm welcome to everyone.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2006
    Welcome new guys.
  • edited September 2006
    Hello!

I'm Jon's (Dragon V8) little sister, Annette and I too, come from the Perth area..

I'm soon to be *mumble mumble* as it's my birthday in about ten days (sheesh I just realised!!).

I am a mum of three sons, one's 24 yrs old, another 5 yrs old and my youngest 4 yrs old. I love 'em to bits and basically I'm a stay at home mum who dabbles in Avon and loves her computer, albeit an old clunker.

Last time I visited Jon and Sally, which was on Christmas day last year, they told me about folding and I nearly fainted when I saw the arsenal of folding computers in his house. (Preeetty blue lights) :hair:

Right now I'm on my spare computer (the other one's giving me an error message so I'll have to take it to the techie once I get the spandoolies) and this spare computer is rather slooooooooooooooooooow. I plan to start folding soon enough, once I'm sure that I won't be frozen out of the computer world. See, I've got 256 Ram and the processor is um... 800MHz. The other one is pretty much the same but it's faster -slightly.

Stop laughing. :grumble:

I mean it.. stop laughing. ;D

So it's slow... I plan on saving a little money and asking Jon to build me a you beaut- mega - knock - yer - socks off machine if he ever gets the time!

I'm allegedly getting a laptop for Xmas from someone but well... we'll see.

I thought that this would be a good way to catch up with my bro on a regular basis as well as helping the world out with some folding. I am aware that Jon and Sally are the duck's nuts in folding, so basically I'll be the one at the other end of the spectrum hahah.. that way it will all balance out.

I know I can't do much.. but hey, a drop in the ocean's better than nothing!

So once again, hello :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Welcome to Short-Media, Annette. I can tell you'll fit right in here.

And any contribution to the Folding team is welcome, no matter how slow the computer may seem... every little bit helps.

What exactly does "duck's nuts" mean? ;)
    edited September 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:

What exactly does "duck's nuts" mean? ;)
    It should be "duck's guts" = the best, top of the town etc

Datsun 1600

Edit: I should have added:

Welcome to to the Forums Annette.

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie, Oi, Oi, Oi.
    edited September 2006
    Welcome to this fantastic folding family!!!! We're glad to have you help us solve the mysteries of Cancer and such. Every CPU (Slow or not) brings us closer.... thank you!!! :D
  • ShalimarShalimar Touching the Stars
    edited September 2006
    A big welcome to you Annette. :)

And to echo a sentiment one more time.

Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

SSLLAAMMIIIIIIIIIINNNNNN!!!!!

Later
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    From Alaska to Australia, welcome!
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Love your intro Annette. Welcome to the team and a great family!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Wow, We've had quite a few people join up in the last couple of weeks.
    Hello to you all from Florida, USA!
    And a heart felt Thank You for joining Team 93 in it's search for a cure.
    This is a great bunch of people here at short-media as you'll find out if you spend any time here.
    May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, And the rains fall soft upon your fields.
    Welcome to Short-Media friends.
    Hawk
  • edited September 2006
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I know if I need any help concerning folding, to just ask here.

:headbange