Who are you?

Comments

• witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited February 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    and enjoy the technical permutations of Folding@Home and the attendant tweaking

:rolleyes: Permutating had a real impact on why I joined :rockon::dunce:
    Jack
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Whereas Bothered joined for percolating. :D

OK, I guess I had that coming. That was a bit of stiff, formal post from me. :rolleyes::D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited February 2007
    I thought it was "fermentation".:beer:
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited February 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Urd, Troll, Spike09, and DrDavid -- welcome to all of you. This team has been cracking since around 2000. We have a sense of community, care about other, care about philanthropy, and enjoy the technical permutations of Folding@Home and the attendant tweaking and building of computers. Your are now amongst friends. It's not 'us' and 'you'...it's just us. Thanks for joining.
    Errm yes thanks I think, caffeine shortage in Alaska Leo? ;):confused::rolleyes:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Welcome everyone.... Stick around and you'll find that we are a close knit group/ family. Thanks for helping out on the project!!! :D
  • josephanthonydiazjosephanthonydiaz caught somewhere in time New
    edited February 2007
    greetings team 93, from Columbia MO.
    I didn't realize until a couple of days ago that I'd been acknowledged here for my little contribution to the cause. Much Thanks. Since i'd gotten good advice here on getting and keeping my over heated machines running, and also because Alzheimer's runs in my family, I took the plunge back in October and set up the cool protein screen saver on my workstation. it's been folding away since then. So when I came across a stats page with my name on it a few days ago i did a double take, then decided to set up on my gamer as well. I am a 41 year old college student at Columbia College, trying to major in math.
    The two machines i have folding now are a dual xeon (2.4) on supermicro p4dce+ with 1g rambus, an old workhorse that still serves me well, and a 3.4g prescott @(3.74) on an asus p4p800-e. any advice on improving their output would be appreciated.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    greetings team 93, from Columbia MO.
    I didn't realize until a couple of days ago that I'd been acknowledged here for my little contribution to the cause. Much Thanks. Since i'd gotten good advice here on getting and keeping my over heated machines running, and also because Alzheimer's runs in my family, I took the plunge back in October and set up the cool protein screen saver on my workstation. it's been folding away since then. So when I came across a stats page with my name on it a few days ago i did a double take, then decided to set up on my gamer as well. I am a 41 year old college student at Columbia College, trying to major in math.
    The two machines i have folding now are a dual xeon (2.4) on supermicro p4dce+ with 1g rambus, an old workhorse that still serves me well, and a 3.4g prescott @(3.74) on an asus p4p800-e. any advice on improving their output would be appreciated.
    Welcome aboard Joe! :thumbsup:
  • KhromKhrom Montreal, Canada New
    edited March 2007
    Hello ShortMedia / Team 93 people.

I've joined the folding@home effort yesterday (feb 28th. 2007). This board being the reason of my joining (Gen. Keeble and Trogan can fight over the "recruting rights" :p )
    I stumbled on the website after googling for help or solutions about a nasty little trojan issue.

The name's Eric Michaud (pronounced mee-sho for you english people :bigggrin: ) and live in Montreal, Canada. I'm a 30+ HR/manager getting himself prepared (mentally and financially) to an interesting return as a University student in what I think could be translated as "Organizational Applied computing". Basically it's the first part of many courses (and years) that should help in analyzing and integrating computer technologies in an organization/company based on its needs and requirements.

In my spare times; play on the computer (RTS, FPS, MMOs), hang out with friends or simply try to have a good time and laughs. I dabble in almost every sports and activities. Always keeping a mind open for new experiences.
    edited March 2007
    Welcome to Short-Media and Greetings from the Folding Staff. Thank you for joining and we look forward to seeing you online. You will find this the best online community on the net. :thumbsup:

Kick back and make yourself at home. :D
    edited March 2007
    Welcome to team 93 Eric. The Michot name is quite common down here and pronounced the same as yours. It's a derivative from way back actually ...same family origins. Mine is Simon (Sea-maw)! :fold:
  • KhromKhrom Montreal, Canada New
    edited March 2007
    Yup, I know that many people / families in your area (mostly Louisiana) hold french names that were 'mutated' to a more 'english' sounding orthograph.

Just shows you how small the world is :D

Anyway, thx for the welcome.
    edited March 2007
    Don't worry about CSimon, he is mutated and orthographed, but he's still trustworthy!

Thanks for joining the team. I hope you have as much fun (and addiction) as the rest of us do.
    edited March 2007
    Khrom wrote:
    Yup, I know that many people / families in your area (mostly Louisiana) hold french names that were 'mutated' to a more 'english' sounding orthograph.

Just shows you how small the world is :D

Ah ...Acadiana = Acadie - Louisiana!
    Leonardo wrote:
    Don't worry about CSimon, he is mutated and orthographed, but he's still trustworthy!

Thank you for the vote of confidence sir!
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Didn't see this thread before, heh.

My name is Joakim, but everyone calls me Jokke.
    I'm from the city of Alta, in the northernmost county of Norway, Finnmark.
    I'm about 1.80 tall and weigh roughly 100 kg. I'm 18 years old, and I'm studying to be a sea captain.
    edited April 2007
    Alta is 69°58'48.01N. That's about the same latitude as the North Slope, Alaska. You are way far North. In fact, I believe you are northernmost Short-Media member. Congratulations! You should put that for your location: "Northernmost Short-Media Dude."
    edited April 2007
    Alright! Really no member further north? Not even good old St. Nicholas?
    edited April 2007
    He's a weenie coward who winters in Florida, so he can't be considered a true citizen of the North like you and me. He just flies up to the North Pole for photo opportunities and press releases. Really fooled generations of people.
    edited April 2007
    Oh, thought he lived on the north pole....
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Jokke wrote:
    I'm studying to be a sea captain.

that is so bad ass :rarr: sounds like a REALLY fun career :)
  • edited May 2007
    Name: David
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to a great project and an outstanding team. Thanks for joining!!! :thumbsup:
  • edited May 2007
    My name is Constantinos Constantinou. I live in Larnaca, a city in a country called Cyprus. I am a full time student that is hopefully finishing at january 2008. I-ve been into computers since ~1994 and love doing mods on them.
    edited May 2007
    Welcome, Constantinou.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Wow, Cyprus. :D
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the team, Constantinos. We're glad you joined!!! :thumbsup:
  • NuppiNuppi South Ostrobothnia (Finland)
    edited May 2007
    Hey everyone,

My nick is Nuppi and my first name Jukka. I'm 43 years old man and I live in Finnland and I'm there as a teacher in finnish malvare removal universitet.

I have passed that school and being a teacher one year ago. Before I passed school, I have studied privately and helped people against malware in finnish forums few years before I go to Finnish hijackthis school.

My occupation is engineer off automation in mechanical site. Now days i have planned and developed new generations off automatic machines to paper industry.

Recards,

Nuppi
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the best Folding team, bar none!!! Thanks for stopping in to introduce yourself. :thumbsup:
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited May 2007
    Hi Nuppi,

I'm a process engineer dealing with automation in the water industry so I guess we have a lot in common.
    Welcome to the community and feel free to speak up at any time.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2007
    mieluinen, Nuppi.:)
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Welcome! Constantinos!