• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    Tracey is Finnish, right?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Partially
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited May 2007
    Tervetullut, Nuppi. Hope you enjoy being on the team!
  • Red787Red787 Chicago, IL
    edited May 2007
    Hello my name is Patrick, I'm 26 years old, and I am new to the site and community. I came here yesterday in need of help with spyware and virus problems I am having. That is when I found out about the folding team. I just started folding today. This is a great community and it is for an equally great cause. I will be a part of both for years to come. I am currently in the U.S. Army and I have been for 8 years. I was last stationed in Germany but then I left active duty to go into the reserves. I went to school and made a career change working for Mercedes-Benz of Chicago. 2 years ago I was called back to active duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I live in Chicago, where I am originally from and grew up, and I am stationed just north of the city at Ft. Sheridan. Eventually I would love to get a job in the computer industry dealing with networking and security. For myself I would love to learn how to detect and correct problems dealing with spyware and viruses. I see almost all of you have quite an extensive education in these areas and I hope that sometime you could possibly teach me what you know. In my free time I like to game (mainly 1st person shooters and strategy) and make music on the PC. A few weeks ago I started to brew my own beer :cheers: My fiends have been doing it for some time and I think it is a great hobby. I am very glad I found this community because you seem like a great group of people. I hope to get to know all of you in the days, weeks, months, and years to come.

Patrick- Red787
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to Short-Media/Icrontic, Patrick and thanks for joining with folding proteins.:thumbsup:

I'm sure you will find others that are or have been in the services or have similar hobbies.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Welcome Red787... We're always glad to see new faces around here. Kick back and relax. We're all a great bunch of gals and guys. I'm sure you'll find this place becoming your home away from home... :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Welcome, Patrick!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited May 2007
    Welcome aboard Patrick be warned, I popped in a year ago to ask permission to add a link to the team short media folding promo video, on my folding teams site, they have moved the exit:D ;) this is now another web home for Me:bigggrin:
    edited May 2007
    Red787 wrote:
    ... A few weeks ago I started to brew my own beer :cheers: My fiends have been doing it for some time and I think it is a great hobby....

I did this once ... and tried to get a tax write-off because it was a non-profit organization.

Didn't work out though ... :(

Thanks for hopping on with us and hope you enjoy the stay! :thumbsup:
    edited May 2007
    i am a huge fan of microbrews, Patrick. You'll fit in just fine here :p

Welcome to icrontic! :)
    edited May 2007
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. I hope to get to know all of you in the near future; and like Prime said, I think I will, "fit in just fine here."

--Prime, do you brew your own beers too or are you just a fan of micros? If you do brew, what kinds? Do you have any good recipes or advice? Thanks.
    :cheers:
    edited May 2007
    i am a huge fan of microbrews, Patrick.
    Amen, brother. Every week I get a jug of oatmeal stout or dark ale from one of the local brewers!

So, with that said, welcome again, Red787.
    edited May 2007
    Not a homebrewer yet... The last thing I need right now is another new hobby :p

I just love microbrews right now. Luckily, there is an award-winning microbrewery just down the street from my house. They make an excellent oatmeal stout and a fantastic ale called Simcoe Silly. If you make it over here, I'll take you down there :cheers:
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, thats cool. I myself just got into it and it does take a lot of time and patience. lol, I didn't really figure that out until I started the process for the first time. If I make it down there and my batch is ready I will bring some. If not I can always mail you some :D

EDIT: I read the review of Simcoe Silly and it sounds pretty good. It seems to have a balance of taste and high alcohol content. That's the type of beer I like :)
  • balldripsballdrips tampa
    edited May 2007
    Hello, my name is Alan. I am 26 with a loving wife and two kids. I am new to this web site and new to pc gaming (since jan of 07). I am a Quake addict, starting on my 360 (ranked 54 on overall at one point) and now play on PC regularly. Looking for a lan in the tampa area playing quake. My screan name is "flip" on Q4. Anyone want to play, hit me up. 1v1 only.
    edited May 2007
    Balldrips, welcome to Short-Media. BTW, this welcome thread is really about recognizing new members to our Folding@Home Team (Team 93), but you are nonetheless welcome as a forums member too!
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    G'day all. I'm IndigoRed aka Frank McCauley. I live in Kilmore, Victoria, Australia. Kilmore is a community about 45km North of Melbourne. Originally though, I'm from Tempe, Arizona. Moved to Aus around 20 years ago.
    10 years U.S. Navy ('74-'84) as a Sonar Technician.
    2 years in the U.S. Post Office (so don't cross me!) :p
    10 years with South Pacific Tyres (Goodyear/Dunlop) as a QA Technician/Area Manager.
    I've played with pc's (Atari 130xe was my 1st...) for over 25 years. No formal qualifications though (except what you pick up playing with them that long, which is more than most school leavers).
    Don't mind a bit of gaming. My nick comes from gaming. If indigo blue is a dark blue, and a good splattering of blood and gore is a dark red...:cool2: Anyway, Red Faction has been my game of choice, and in fact, I was a part of a clan for a while. Not bad for a guy in his mid 40's! Dabbling with UT2k4 now.
    So about F2H... I've seen it around for some time, and I've seen it here for a while (SMF Actually) but I never took it up til now. I had been doing seti@home for quite some time, but after a reformat, didn't rejoin. I had lost my password there anyway so didn't even know how I was going... And here I am, all loaded up and folding... for Team 93 of course.
    I have a couple of questions, but only one here. Are we still Team Short Media, or Team Icrontic?

Cheers all,
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2007
    Good to see another Aussie come to the F:fold:LD. :)
    At this stage it is Team Short-Media. Don't know what the future holds, though. It will still be Team #93.:thumbsup:

Jon
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Forgot to mention, I'm in charge of about 50 pc's at work... wonder how that could help the score?
    Cal-mad-cut.jpg
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    It would help the score quite nicely. :)
    edited June 2007
    Welcome to the team, IndigoRed!!! :D
  • RatBurger08RatBurger08 Corpus Christi, TX
    edited July 2007
    Name: Corey Schroedter

Been folding for about 10 minutes now :D
    edited July 2007
    Welcome Corey!!! You'll find us a great bunch of folders. We are here if you need anything. :thumbsup:
  • edited July 2007
    hi. my names kevin. i live in ontario, canada. i like playing guitar, programming in java, playing counter strike and battlefield 2.
    edited July 2007
    SWEET... another folder and one that likes BF2 and CS!!!! Welcome to the team!!! :D
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited July 2007
    Not only that, but he's from Canada, and you can never have enough Canadians! Welcome to the team Kevin, I'm also in Ontario and I play Joint Ops, F.E.A.R. and Navy Field.
  • digitaltreedigitaltree Suffern, NY
    edited August 2007
    Hey, all, I've been a member of this site for about a year, but don't post much, and just decided to get two instances of F@H running. I'm a U.S. Marine in South Carolina and my interests are very broad, from cooking to working on cars, with tinkering with electonics in there, too. I read a lot, and am preparing to go back to college to get a M.D.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Hey it is good to have you on board digitaltree! :) And I hope it goes well with your studies!
    edited August 2007
    Hey, jarhead. Good to have you on board helping us in this fight. Also- thanks in more ways than one. :thumbsup: