Who are you?

Comments

• BoneBone Canadia
    edited September 2007
    My name is anthony o'neill, I usually go by Tony though. I am 18, soon to be 19 in december and I work for MSN doing customer care. I am into pc gaming and just hanging out with my friends, my favorite music genre is metal. that is all I can think of for now.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Welcome to a VERY addictive hobby. :D Thanks for joining!!! :thumbsup:
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited September 2007
    New to the foums and new to Folding :smiles: Bit about me :
    Name : Matthew (Or Broady)
    Interests : Overclocking old machines :wink: Gaming (too much) and learning Java :bigggrin:

Like the Idea of Folding, for me it's using computers for a good cause :tongue: Been folding for about... 2 weeks maybe ? :wink: Was Folding for CustomPC because it's the only team I recognised (Good mag btw :smiles:) After reading your forums and wishing to participate in the greatness, decided to do a bit of switching early on :bigggrin: I have a new PC in the works too... :wink:

*waves to all* :cool2:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Welcome to our community, and to Team 93 :)
    edited September 2007
    Welcome to the greatest team ever. You'll find we're a great bunch of friends. :thumbsup:
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Well, I suppose it's time I popped my head in here. First two names are Matthew Mason, you can call me either.

I'm a 24 year old bit-head and have been building, tweaking, and torturing computers for as long as I can remember, but just started folding in February of this year.

I am half of a two man operation in the Dallas area that acts as CTO for small and medium sized businesses, and spend my free time either with my wife and 1 year old son or gaming like there is no tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who makes this team and community possible.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited September 2007
    Welcome aboard, Matt ... (seems to be a popular name around here :) ) ,,, and the BIG assist to the project :thumbsup:
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Hai all, I just started folding for Team 93! :D You lot can call me haru/harudath/whatever, I'm just about 16 and I love gaming although I'd very much like to learn about more than just gaming, like how to fix PCs and to be able to help people with PC problems as much as you at Icrontic have helped me :D

I'm upgrading my system drastically soon, including a Core 2 Duo processor, which should help :D
    edited November 2007
    Welcome to the team, Harudath!!! You cannot find a better bunch of Folding Friends. :thumbsup:
  • steste Manchester , England
    edited November 2007
    w00t just starting folding for 93, under the username 'sterobert89', i folded briefly under neowin, but they dont take it seriously (theirs 3 separate folding groups)

so i know broady81 irl (unlucky me), he has been nagging me to start, so here i have :P

Ste
    edited November 2007
    I think I remember the username "neowin". Well, welcome back and thanks for folding with us!!! :D
    edited November 2007
    not the name neowin, neowin.net asin i folded for their group.

ste
    edited November 2007
    Oh... gotcha ;)
    edited November 2007
    welcome aboard, ste :)
    edited November 2007
    ty
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited November 2007
    I essentially stole ste from neowin's grasp :ninja:welcome aboard the folding team :smiles:
  • steste
    feels violated
    Manchester , England
    edited November 2007
    feels violated
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    <hr style="color: rgb(170, 170, 170);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    * ste feels violated
    Incest. All in the family. Good. :confused:

:D
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Name : Jamie "Gate"
    Interests : Gaming, attempting to understand the complex anamoty of a modern computer, almost building a sueful windows app in VB.net

I go to a special school for information technology just outside of Orlando, learning PC Tech support for my CompTIA certification and basic programming languages. I also play Halo3, TF2, etc. in my free time.

Ive been folding for you giys for about 3 weeks, but i only run it as my screensaver or else it kills my processor. To make up for it, i try to keep it running on every other computer in the house =)
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited December 2007
    SPIKE09 wrote:
    Hi Folk's been meaning to puts some point's here for a while, but thanks to reading RWB's post in the SM pub. about his neighbor's fire MY wife and I are still alive so time to ante up, one core of a e6400 for team 93 might add more later .
    the name is Chris location Scotland and position glad to be alive

btw 1st wu should be inbound in the morning
    1st wu inbound next update:bigggrin:

HEHE what a gimp seriously poor post there
    name Chris Stevenson
    team pimp for http://forum.micromart.co.uk/Forum52-1.aspx folding team :bigggrin:
    locat 20 miles north of Glasgow on the shores of the Gareloch , graduated from Napier university, Edinburgh in 1989 in biological science. reason for folding CANCER CANCER CANCER and a Smattering of ALZHEIMMERS with a smidge of Emphysemia thrown in.
    LOves: Heather my wife and sweetheart from age 17, Cats , loud music (probably explains the deafness), fine red wines or if skint any good red wines, Computers and F@H natch, SM/Icrontic some seriously funny/deranged/nice/friendly people here, sometimes all in the same bundle of skin:bigggrin:
    and Tarantulas.
    exloves : rugby union , golf
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Thought I would rewrite my entry, as a fair bit has changed.

My name is Rob, I'm 18, and I've been a member of Icrontic/Short-Media for just about three years. I signed up in december of 2001 to post a smidge of help for someone who was having trouble with their video card: They had a Visiontek geforce card, and apparently a ton of them had been released without the plastic adhesive strip removed from the bottom of the GPU HSF. I suggested he check that.

Welcome! I think you'll find that we're a good group of people here! Good call on the video card!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Hello everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself-

I am Jackie, and I'm the Gnome Queen :D Prime invited me to join the TF2 ICrontic group, and I decided to just go ahead and invite myself to join the whole thing. :P

I am 21, and an English Education major working towards getting my secondary ed degree in English. I am a major Evercrack 2 fiend, and I love TF2. I'm also a big Shakespeare Geek (on top of being a bookworm and videogames nerd) and I'm currently acting in my theater company on campus's production of Alls Well that Ends Well. I have been folding since...uhh...yesterday, (that is, if I set everything up right, I think I'm going to have my friend look it over later). I really should have been folding longer, since I did hear about the program before, and I know that it is doing great things. My boyfriend has it on his PS3, and he showed me the other day that he was working on the folding for a protein of Rett Syndrome, a developmental disorder that my sister has. For that reason alone, I really should already have been folding, but I think I must have seen something shiny when originally told about it. Shiny things are quite distracting.

In case any of you also play EQ2, my main character there is Eilith, on the Antonia Bayle server. Annnd thaaat's me- thank you for letting me join you guys, you all seem like a great group. :D
    edited January 2008
    Hey gnome queen! Welcome to the site.

Also, great on joining folding. We all have our reasons, and yours sounds very personal and it's an awesome feeling to be able to at least do something visceral about all these tragic disorders and diseases that affect us all in different ways.
    edited January 2008
    Welcome!!! Thank you for lending a helping hand!!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Welcome. Many people decided to join Folding to help or in honor of a loved one. It is a great reason.
  • JakethJaketh Ohio Member
    edited March 2008
    Big "WELCOME TO THE TEAM" to Igon who just kicked in his first work unit. Not sure if he has an Icrontic user id yet but he will be around shortly.

Welcome aboard Igon!
    edited March 2008
    Igon... Welcome to Team Icrontic!!! :thumbsup:
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks for the welcome, glad to be part of the crew! :rockon:

Props to Jaketh for bringing me to Team 93!!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Welcome Igon :D
    edited March 2008
    Igon, I'm fuzzy on the whole..... "good - bad" thing.... What do you mean by... "bad"?

;)

Welcome to Icrontic.