Who are you?

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    ROCK ON:rockon::thumbup:vimp:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Welcome to the Team, Serp! :rockon:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Welcome everyone... thanks for joining in on this awesome project. :thumbsup:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Serp wrote:
    Hi! I'm Marcus, a 22 year old currently between jobs.

...My other big hobby is audio equipment, specifically headphones, headphone amplification, and dacs.

Are those HD-650s I see in your avatar? A beautiful choice, I love mine. Happy to see another audiophile on here. :)

Thanks for folding! Welcome to IC. :D
  • MidnightFlairMidnightFlair Washington
    edited June 2009
    Name: Joshua Powell

Interests: computers, folding, camping, the out doors, and a lot of other things...

Love the game Rappelz, I'm a Rappelz addict! if you play and need taming or any help with quests hit me up in game name is MidNightFlair !
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Hello my name is Drew, I am a student at my local community college in Florida. I have been folding for almost two years. The three systems I am using to fold is a PS3, a 6 year old Dell Pentium 4 with a Geforce 8600 GTS which is having some serious overheating problems lately, and my third is my Core i7 rig which is my pride and joy.
  • SliquidSliquid Neverwhere, Michigan Member
    edited October 2009
    Hi, my name is Jerry. I was a neon sign maker for 12 years before i got laid off in july. I've known prime and j since forever, and I've been lurking for almost a year now, both on the site and in real life. (i prefer to think of it as 'sitting at the back, trying not to get in anyone's way, and learning as much as i can.')

i've known about f@h for a long time, but my 9 year old 800mhz g4 imac was not cooperating. last month, we picked up a new-to-me acer laptop, intending to go back to school, but in the meantime i have put it to work for team 93!
    edited October 2009
    Welcome Gattsu, welcome Sliquid!

Gattsu, open a thread in Mods and Cooling and we get to work finding a solution for that hot video card.
  • Siv_Siv_ Lansing, MI Member
    edited December 2009
    All you really need to know about me is that I take protein research very seriously for personal reasons. The only reason I joined Icrontic was to fold on a big team and boost morale. My two homies at work got me into Icrontic and I like it. I read your articles and click on your sponsors because some of it is interesting. I'm currently ranked 10th on the team, and I plan on adding an average of one core to Team Icrontic folding per week. I currently have 23 cores folding 24x7. The breakdown is 22 CPUs and 1 GPU. If you really want to know more details, ask.

Keep folding for great justice.

Peace.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Welcome to the site :)
    edited December 2009
    Siv welcome to the team, YGPM! I am all excited.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Siv... We all have varying reasons why we fold. Some for the competition, some for the research, some to benchmark their systems, some to just do something with their systems instead of going idle. THANK YOU for join us... :clap:
    edited December 2009
    Siv, welcome to our team! Thanks for supporting the [EMAIL="Folding@Home"]Folding@Home[/EMAIL] cause.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited December 2009
    Folding at Home is a worthy cause and new members are ALWAYS appreciated. Thanks to all the new members joining our team in our effort.
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited March 2010
    I thought I could spare a little Processing Power. :)

Username: clifford_cooley
    Team number: 93
    edited March 2010
    Thanks a lot clifford_coolery we are need some new blood.
    edited March 2010
    I think I should start a new thread. I'm not sure if everything is working. It has been on 1% - Working(5/500) for an hour. Is this normal?
    edited March 2010
    Yes go ahead and start a new thread. With the gear you are running it might take it a long time.
    edited March 2010
    It's "Working (10/500)" now. I will wait a day or so before starting the thread. I will atleast be able to tell what has been completed after a 24 hour period. Then we will see if there is any tweaks I can make to improve things. Catch you in the new thread. :)
  • custompcmaxcustompcmax Minnesota
    edited August 2010
    Hello All. I know a few of your Incrontic-ites from Twitter and TF2 matches. I have been a long time reader of the site, just joined the forums. I decided to enlist my PS3 and my PC (i7 920 & ATI 4870) in the Team 93 effort. I am folding under the name CustomPCMAX.

I live near Mpls, MN. I have a wife, 2 kids (9 month old twins :D) and I am currently going to college to get my Computer Science AS degree. I have a website that I operate (see name) that is a PC gaming/hardware news site as well as a custom PC building service (but that is a side project).

Anyways, I hope to help on this folding team! :rockon:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Glad to have you here! With my 5770, it actually lowered my overall PPD because of the amount of CPU usage it requested. You should let just your i7 run overnight (or whenever you will have low computer usage) and then run it again with both the GPU and SMP client to test that. Keep track of them using something like HFM.NET (see the stickies). Enjoy!
    edited August 2010
    With the 4870 he might get the environmental variables to work correctly. No matter what the settings my 5770 eats up a core but my 4670 uses less than 5%, seems to be an issue with the 5xxx series cards from what I have read.
    edited August 2010
    Hey, you finally said hi! :D

Welcome to it.
  • custompcmaxcustompcmax Minnesota
    edited August 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    Glad to have you here! With my 5770, it actually lowered my overall PPD because of the amount of CPU usage it requested. You should let just your i7 run overnight (or whenever you will have low computer usage) and then run it again with both the GPU and SMP client to test that. Keep track of them using something like HFM.NET (see the stickies). Enjoy!

Yeah, this is my first foray into folding, so I wasn't sure if I use just the regular CPU version or the GPU version (or both at the same time). But, I am running both ATM.

When do you start seeing your stats on the F@H website? I search my name, but nothing comes up. I am guessing they just update once a day or something?
    edited August 2010
    Updates are every 3 hours and it should show up once you turn in a work unit. Any questions just go ahead and make a new thread in the folding area.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, this is my first foray into folding, so I wasn't sure if I use just the regular CPU version or the GPU version (or both at the same time). But, I am running both ATM.

When do you start seeing your stats on the F@H website? I search my name, but nothing comes up. I am guessing they just update once a day or something?

You'll be using the SMP client (just use the last client in the pink section here) for the CPU, make sure you follow the instructions (either on their site, or in the stickies in our Folding area of the forum). Make sure you setup a passkey before setting up your clients so that you will get the credit.

For GPU, you'll probably want to use the second client from the pink section above. There are a little more settings involved that _k_ can help you with, but I don't have much experience with using the environment variables to tweak ATI cards. Just start a thread or look through the other ones, like the official GPU guide or maybe the ATI support forums on www.foldingforums.org.

You'll be running both at the same time. The stats I like to use are from EOC (http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/individual_list.php?s) then search on the left). You can make a signature using a variety of methods, but I liked using the sig generator on EOC or the one that one of our own created ... see the sticky).
  • _vid__vid_ alabama
    edited December 2010
    i finally registered on forum. ive been folding off and on for years and years now for team 93. i cant quite remember why i first picked icrontic, but there must have been a reason back when i was a young lad that stood out and made me choose ic ;) sorry my folding is all over the place, dont have a ps3 folding currently since my my better half's ps3 ylod and ive yet to reflow/flux it. hopefully will be upgrading my pc's cpu at some point so i might can try to dable with smp.....until then, ill just keep turning in what i can. take care all.
    edited December 2010
    Good to see you on here vid.
    edited December 2010
    Welcome to the forums!
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    I am John Danielson, folding as Straight_Man now. Folding with a laptop full-time (Lenovo W520) with an i7 2670QM CPU (gets 10-18K per day while being used for other things about 1/4 of day) and an i7 2600K-based mid-tower box (gets 23-33K per day (WU efficeincy dependent) as tuned now, not OCed at all yet). I folded for Team 93 previously as jdii1215.

We are getting weather with highs in mid-high 80s down(windows are open) in Florida where I live, and both computers are stable folding 24/7 at 100% (and have been for two weeks). The laptop is a multi-use computer, the CPU is a 2.4 GHz i7 CPU. The mid-tower has a 3.4 GHz i7 CPU running at stock speed. Both computers SMP fold only, and folding thinks each is an 8-cored CPU computer.