AMD Processor Driver 1.3.2.6

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Hardware
"AMD Processor Driver 1.3.2.6 - Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need. Download this Setup Installation program (EXE) to automatically update all the files necessary for installation. This package is recommended for users whom desire a graphical user interface for installation. This .EXE driver is a user friendly localized software installation of the driver designed for end-users."

Is this the cool and quiet driver? I can't get to the site but I'm interested in exactly what this is/does.

Borrowed from MADSHRIMPS and translated.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Great find Csimon! I am looking into it....
  • edited November 2006
    What do you need C&Q for if you fold? The machine never sits idle when you are folding except for when it's sending and receiving work.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Well there's an ongoing thread at xtreme about the drivers being installed and sys stability. Bascially they say if your sys is stable then don't worry about it but if not give it a shot. I felt that I needed it when I ran that crappy asus mobo but now I should be fine. Idunno I just got into the habit of having it installed and keeping it disabled in the bios. :hiding:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I have SpeedStep disabled in the BIOS, myself. Screw throttling. FULL BLAST, CAP'N.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2006
    Ditto that.

Nice 'Location' Thrax.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Isn't it, though? It's a sunny area, though a little over-crowded.