Just a reminder about IE7 and FAH !!!

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Folding@Home
Some of you may be aware that IE7 will block the upload of 7 core series WU if the console is set to "use IE settings - yes".

I just logged in remotely and found that my server (dual Xeon 3Ghz HT) had 1 instance with 4 WUs qued up. Some as old as Nov 4. Some uploaded fine while these 4 would not.

Reconfigured all 4 instances of FAH to use IE settings - no and restarted the services. WUs immediately uploaded.

Might want to take a look if you seem to be a little slow on production.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Thanks Missleman.... :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Thanks for the heads-up. :cheers:
  • edited November 2006
    This has been a problem for some people (like me on a sat broadband connection) for years now, with no fixes that I know of except to not use IE settings. But from what I've read lately, a lot more people are having this problem since IE7 was rolled out as a final release.

Because of this, whenever I set a client up I immediately set the client up to not use IE settings.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    What is IE? (the only reson that I have it is that I need it to access windows update.)
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    edcentric wrote:
    What is IE? (the only reson that I have it is that I need it to access windows update.)

IE, or "Internet Exploder" was once used by primitive man as a tool to communicate with each other over long distances. Once upon a time, what we now know as a "Browser" (Firefox, Opera, etc.) was originally the intention of Internet Explorer. Early cave paintings depict the origins and demise of Internet Explorer. Our understanding of these archaeological records signify that due to issues with language processing and inherent security issues, modern man's predecessors set out to develop a new "browser" that would serve them, as opposed to vice versa. This was later classified as the "Mozilla edict", and later the "Firefox revolution".

:D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Please take note: Even if you do not use Internet Explorer 7 as your default browser but merely have it installed, if you are running Folding@Home you need to set "Use Internet Explorer Settings" to "No" in the F@H client configuration.