Help Setting up AMD 64 X2 Dual Core

chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
edited January 2007 in Folding@Home
I just got a new computer and it is dual core so thought I'd set up two instances of folding. But I need some help.

I tried reading/following previous threads but I think I got myself confused.

I created a folding folder and two subfolder in that folder called F@H1 and F@H2. I downloaded the console into each subfolder.

Threads say i have to have machine id =1 in one folder and machine id=2 in the other folder.

Does the program automatically assigne the different machine IDs or do I need to do something special to assign them? I didn't see any prompt for machine IDs when I set up the first one. It defaulted to machine ID =1. I haven't tried the second one yet.

Thanks for your help!

Chip

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    During configuration there is a prompt that reads something like Configure Advanced Options Yes/No? If you check yes it will take you thru more options and the last is machineID=

Or ...a shortcut would be to just copy the client.cfg from f@h1 to f@h2 and then edit it. Change the machineID=1 to machineID=2 then save and start the program.

[settings]
    username=csimon
    team=93
    asknet=no
    bigpackets=yes
    machineid=2
    local=136

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=no

[core]
    checkpoint=30
    ignoredeadlines=yes

[clienttype]
    memory=2046
    type=0
    nonet=no
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited January 2007
    Thanks! I think I got them both running. We'll see after they have finished a work unit. Will I see it listed as two computers working under my name or just one with more production?

Thanks again for your help!
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited January 2007
    I think it'll be two machines under one username.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    your stats - will show a "processor" for each instance of F@H producing

FAHMon - monitor that can monitor both your F@H instances

Electron Microscope III - another monitor that will show your Folding activity

Another way to check if both Folding installations are working is to check Windows Task Manager (ctr-alt-del). Look in the CPU column for FAHCore~. There should be two, one for each core of your processor. Both should be near 50% if you set your the Folding configuration 100% CPU utilization.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Yeah as long as you have the same team number and username on each you'll see one score w/ more production. Just to fortify what the others have said.
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited January 2007
    both are up and running!!

Thanks guys!!

:celebrate
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Well done! After dual core, you'll never be interested in single core again.