screwed up firefox?

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited February 2007 in Science & Tech
today when i got home from school, i went to go get on my computer and the screen saver wasnt on and my documents was open on the screen so I think someone was on it from my house............

but i clicked on firefox and it loaded like normal but there was no place for me to wnter a web adress, it was just gone.......

so i restarted my computer and it was still gone, so i uninstalled firefox, made sure all the program files were deleted and re installed it and the adress bar is still not there? does anyone know what is going on?

and im so dissapointed because i hate internet explorer

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Right click on the top bar
    Click customize
    Drag the "Location" box back onto the bar.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    there seems to be no location bar showing up in mine:(
    edited February 2007
    Nothing like this?
    edited February 2007
    nope "report site" is the last one on mine
    edited February 2007
    It's in different places depending on initial user configuration. I'm kind of shocked it's not there.
    edited February 2007
    well i have everything and all the settings set to default............ and everything looked exactly like your picture and everything was there but that.......
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited February 2007
    What would you say if you had to remove everything related to Firefox and start over from the beginning, essentially making it default?
    edited February 2007
    i would do it, i actually want to............. i just realized all the buttons arnt there neither, like back , forword and stop.....

uninstalling it didnt work, how do i delete everything that has to do with firefox?
    edited February 2007
    Funny enough, someone at another forum had "somehow messed up the settings with Firefox" and they wanted to get Firefox the way it was when you first download it. One of the admins gave the following instructions, which I have quoted. The person with the problem did as instructed and Firefox was reverted back to default state.
    If you want to start from scratch with Firefox, then there are several places you need to delete files and folders. The main program is stored in the Program Files folder, but user information is stored in two different application data folders that are not removed when you uninstall. Those folders are where all of the extensions, cookies, cache, and other information is stored. Note that Firefox uses profiles when you use it. You may not be aware of this when you use it because until you use more than one, it will go straight to the the default one created when you installed it. Each profile can have it's own cookies and extensions. Also, if you have more than one user in XP, then each XP user can have it's own extensions. Cleaning everything out requires doing the following.

Uninstall Firefox from add or remove programs. Then, open My Computer and navigate to the following locations and delete the folders
    • C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Mozilla Firefox
    • C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
    • C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
    You want to look in all of the users in Documents and Settings. The All Users and Default User should not contain anything from Firefox. Obviously ~username~ is what ever your username are on your computer but only you know that. You will need to unhide hidden files and folders to see the application data folders.

After all of the above folders are deleted, empty the recycle bin. I suggest to reboot the computer and then download a new Firefox installer and install it again. That should allow you to have a clean install of Firefox.

Let us know if that worked.
    edited February 2007
    yep that worked................

thats a good guide, i would have never have thought about it

thanks a lot :)
    edited February 2007
    Glad it worked! :)