how do i enable s-video

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited March 2007 in Hardware
I just bought a new s-video wire and for some reason..whenever i press the crt/lcd button on my laptop...it claims that there is no external display. i have a dell e1705

Comments

• edited March 2007
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    I just bought a new s-video wire and for some reason..whenever i press the crt/lcd button on my laptop...it claims that there is no external display. i have a dell e1705

Pressing crt/LCD will not activate S-Video thats for VGA splits.

Well I own a Dell E1505, I have similar problem. I want to know how to enable s-Video option.
    I have tried activating the 2nd moniter option in the display settings, but notin seems to happen. Can any one let me know wht I need to do in terms of changing the drivers to accept the new screen.
    I went through the Dell user manual and it suggests to change the settings to multiple display but, there is no Video card tab in the Display settings for me to change.

Please Please advice....

Thanks,
    Ashvin
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I had the same problem with my Comaq Presario 2100 laptop. I think I even started a thread about it, but now I can't find it.

My final solution was to set down the cash for a VGA to s-video converter :(
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Tell your graphics card to force TV out. The S-Video is looked upon as a TV connection.
  • edited March 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    I had the same problem with my Comaq Presario 2100 laptop. I think I even started a thread about it, but now I can't find it.

My final solution was to set down the cash for a VGA to s-video converter :(

I checked with my another laptop IBM Thinkpad T41. The Video options are available. The Graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon 9000. I suppose it has to do with the Video card options. I will check connecting this to the TV and post the findings.

I am using this IBM T41 since 2005 and its been very easy to get any thing and every thing work on this laptop. ;);)
    Cheers!!!
    Ashvin
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    oh man, sorry dudes...i figured out what the problem was..the bootlegged connectors i got off ebay were all miscolored...ie the red went into the yellow and vice versa...and that was the only problem..the only other thing it needed to do is press function and the crt/lcd button