Looking for a new PSU for P4P800

DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
edited February 2007 in Hardware
I think my Enermax 365PE is dying... the power rails look good, quite solid in fact, but the fan is slow to spin up during a reboot and sometimes, it won't turn at all. I recently replaced my 9800P with a 7800GS, and although the 365PE has enough juice to power everything, it does so just barely. I want to upgrade my C: to something bigger, faster and make use of a SATA port. I don't think the 365PE has enough juice (or life..) so I'm looking for recomendations for a new PSU. See sig for components.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Is your board EPS12v (24pin ATX connector) or ATX12v (20 pin)?
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2007
    ATX 12v 20-pin/4-pin
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    How much money do you have?
    There are a bunch of good options.
    I don't spend a whole lot on PSUs. I have some CoolerMaster and some Thermatake that work fine. Look for at least a 450W with the 3.3 + 5 rated at least 200W.
    My wifes machine has a single 120mm fan, nice and quiet. Mine have dual fans, just in case one quits.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2007
    I'm looking to spend $100-130 Canadian, so about $32.50 US

Best buy has a Dynex 500W ATX PC Power Supply (DX-PS500W) and it's only $99... I haven't had any luck finding reviews on it. Search for "DX-PS500W review" gives me 1 page.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Now I am old enough to remember when the conversion rate was that bad, but not today.