problem when reformating windows xp please help

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited April 2007 in Science & Tech
my desktop computer had some seriously bad trojans and i was recommended in the spyware/virus help section that i just reformat my computer.

so i did, my computer required 3 discs to reinstall....... i stuck the one in and restarted the computer (i followed the instructions out of my computer manual)
i deleted all the files on my computer then it restarted again and then i reinstalled windows.............

it took about 40 min, then the computer restarted turned on and needed to install more, it asked me to "put the drivers and applications disc in and press ok" so i put the disc in and went to press ok and my mouse wouldnt work.......
so i tried to use the keyboard to press ok but it wasnt selected on that window..... so im stuck i couldnt get past this point and i dont know what to do...........

i think that its not installing the mouse drivers or something

can anyone please help me:D ?

Comments

• edited April 2007
    nobody knows how to fix this? its really important:confused:
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    oops i accidently logged into my other name.................
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Alt-Tab to move through windows.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    If the alt-tab doesn't work, you can also shut down and restart. Just do a hard shut down, using the power button on the front of the computer. Sometimes installations will hang and the hard restart will get it past the hang.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    well i still couldnt get the mouse to work, but im using one of my lap top usb wireless mouses.

umm running into problems, after i got it all sorta set-up i went to put my linksys cd for my wireless router setup to that computer....... and half way during the set up it said error and closed, so i tried it again like 5 times and it did the same thing, and it never did that before only since the reformat............

also a quick question, how do i know if i have windows service pack 2 or not, because i think it comes with 1 and i think i had to download sp2. As you can tell, I don't know much about that.
  • Byron172Byron172 Adelaide, South Australia Member
    edited April 2007
    Right click "My Computer" - then click "properties".

Under "System" it will tell you if you are running service pack 2. (also if you click on the link at the bottom of this post it should tell you on the web page if you are alreday running SP2).

If the installation of XP went OK, you will probably find that your Linksys installation will work better once service pack 2 is installed. I had a lot of problems once trying to setup Internet connections etc. prior to installing SP2......

If you need service pack 2:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx