EmIII website down

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited May 2007 in Folding@Home
I noticed yesterday that em-dc.com is down. Does anyone know if this is some scheduled event or is weatherman having trouble. I went there to see if there's a new version out but can't even find the site. :(

All it says is: This URL you typed is unavailable at this time. :confused:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Haven't noticed. Since migrating all my machines to SMP Windows, I've become a FAHMon user. I miss the graphic appeal of EMIII, but I enjoy the superior usability and instant benchmark information of FAHMon. Give it a try.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited April 2007
    I for one like em3. BTW since the site is down, can anyone tell me if it can be run on linux. I'll go with fahmon for now untill the site is back. I've got more work to do with drivers and such. Hopefully i'll be able to migrate my work but that's off topic.
    edited April 2007
    Since the site is still down i thought i ask an important question, can em3 be run on linux at all? If no there's no reason for me to keep checking if the site is back, which i do dayly. I'm sure i could wine it but does anyone know if it updates as it should. Can't check that before it's capable of using smp. And i can't check that as long as the site is down. :(
    edited April 2007
    Does EMIII even work with SMP? I switched to FAHMon when SMP Wndows was released because I couldn't get EMIII to track anything.
    edited April 2007
    Even though it doesn't now, it didn't a few weeks ago, doesn't mean it wont get updated to work. But the only way i'm gonna know is to see the site.
    edited April 2007
    doesn't mean it wont get updated to work
    Yes, exactly. I too hope it gets updated for SMP.
  • edited April 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Yes, exactly. I too hope it gets updated for SMP.

Hello.

I am a newbie around here and would like to know what SMP stands for.
    It's been some months that I used EMIII and I ran across this thread when trying to find a current location for it.

Many thanks.
    Roland
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    SMP = SYMMETRIC MULTIPROCESSOR

It's the ability to run one process on one computer but across multiple processors/ cores. This allows the work unit to really use the fully capabilities of the system instead of running multiple instances of F@H, one for each processor/ core.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2007
    The reason it's down.
    Sorry guys... been buried in work and when roadrunner took over as my isp they were supposed to migrate everything... well they didn't...

soon as i get some free time i will re-upload everything... total pain...

At least we now know EMIII will be back up and running in the future.:)
    edited April 2007
    Sloppy isp. :rant:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2007
    Thanks for the update, Jon. :)
    edited May 2007
    Just how long is the site going to be down anyway. It's been almost 2 months now. :confused: :rolleyes2
    edited May 2007
    Use FAHMon until EMIII is back.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited May 2007
    You can get updated protien files until then. I have an updated protien file for EMIII
    edited May 2007
    But i want to know when there's support for SMP in EM3. I already use fahmon and couldn't care less for updated protein files since there's a good chance EM3 wont work anyway. Is he really so busy he can't even find the time to upload some files, it's not like his website is that big.