Sound Issues and misc.

DoM-aLDoM-aL Indiana
edited June 2003 in Hardware
a) Whenever my cousin plays counter-strike his sound starts to crackle out and by the end it just sounds like shit.
I was talking to croc_ about this and he directed me to the RealtekAudio Drivers (ACL650)

In counter-strike he can not get his microphone to work. It works in microsoft's voice recorder. He has a key programmed but we just cant get any sound out of it. Is this possibly another driver conflict? Anyways as always appreciate the help.

c) We dont have a plug on the mobo for the front usb ports... i figure this is just a conflicting issue and not that im missing a converter or something... If anyone else has a lian li case and an Asus A7N8X and you found a way around it please tell me.

p.s. Specs

AmD 2800+ Barton Retail Heatsink
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
2 sticks of 512 mb Kingston HyperX Pc2700
Visiontek Ati Radeon 9100 64 MB
Western Digital JB 120 GB(D:\)
IBM/Hitachi Desktar 180GXP 120 GB (C:\)
Onboard Soundstorm
Lian Li Pc-61

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Could it be just his headphones or speakers that are screwing with the sound?
  • DoM-aLDoM-aL Indiana
    edited June 2003
    negatory we tried it with different headphones and mic's.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Regarding the Mic - It sounds like a game issue if MS Voice recorder works.
    I used to get cackling on our old PC (K6-2 400, Built in SB64) just because it didnt seem to be able to handle it, but there is no way that could be happeneing on that system. Though I would have a look in the BIOS for the PCI Latency and up it to 64, it may fix the audio.

NS