Slow loading

BDRBDR
edited November 2003 in Community
Are parts of this forum loading slow, or is it just me?

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Just you....

NS
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited November 2003
    It's not you. You'll notice that those threads which seem to stall...have members with Folding sigs. Those may be causing the slow down as they cache information.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Once every two-three hours, some lucky person gets to wait for the sigs to update before their thread of choice will load. That sporadic 30-second inconvenience aside, the sigs are desgined to cause as little slow down as possible.

You will notice it most in threads where people are using the stars-only generator. Because of my inability to integrate it with the main system, it caches a different set of info, and then before the next regular sig loads it has to re-cache that info. It will flip back and forth like that if you have a thread where a person with a regular sig and a person with a stars-only sig are talking. I have mentioned that problem to Lasse and I think he will be building that into the next version of the generator... whenever he gets to making it. ;)
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited November 2003
    As Keebs said, "some lucky person"and like you I experience the stalls too. I guess that makes you and I lucky! :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Armo's sig also adds a delay.
    edited November 2003
    Strange, I've never noticed the delay.....

NS
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Neither do I.. but I have sigs off :D
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    Ok, thanks. I was just wondering. I don't normaly experience these slow downs here.

BDR makes note- Shorty doesn't view sigs, so we can do "make fun of Shorty" sigs and he'll never know unless someone tells.

:D

why do I feel a "pffft @ you" coming on?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    pffffffft @ you :D

<smallfont><i>I have plans for all of you lot</i></smallfont>
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    The only thing I have a problem loading in the forums at the moment is Nightshades sig, go figure :D
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    ;D

BDR makes plans to edit post.. ;)

:tongue:
    edited November 2003
    Weird, I have browsed the forum and had no problems with my sig at all. It could be that at certain times my server is down, thus it doesn't display as it wouldn't be able to find the site.

NS
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited November 2003
    i think its all armo's fault lets all gang up and get him!lol
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited November 2003
    TD_Isles had this to say
    Armo's sig also adds a delay.

pftt oh course its me, i bork everything
    didnt u know that?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Interestingly enough, I didn't have any problems loading this page until Armo posted in it :D
    edited November 2003
    im gonna hold s-m hostage with my sig, if i delete 1 < and the forums go down,

i request 1 BILLION gigs of space!
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    shwaip had this to say
    Interestingly enough, I didn't have any problems loading this page until Armo posted in it :D

Hmm.. you are right.

:hrm:
    edited November 2003
    its probly because the the images and coding is hosted on comcasts ftp site, now i want 2 BILLION! gigs of space or its curtians for the forums
    edited November 2003
    Armogeddon00 had this to say
    its probly because the the images and coding is hosted on comcasts ftp site, now i want 2 BILLION! gigs of space or its curtians for the forums

..... or an Admin would just remove your sig.....

NS
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    The sigs don't bother me as much as that jiggly breasted avatar someone's sportin'.
    ewwww...

I already bowed out of one forum, partialy because of it. :hrm:
    edited November 2003
    That would be something that I would PM to the member, expressing my discontent with it, instead of just posting it here with a low chance that they will find out...
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    I just turned off avatars. ;)
    edited November 2003
    ooohh...a clever one are we ;)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2003
    I've been having this as well. Just read Shorty has sigs turned off so I've turned them off, It makes a big differance is loading times.

bothered.