Dual DVI

XanthosXanthos Fairfax, VA
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I’m trying to find a decent video card with dual DVI output. I have two really sweet Dell 1702FP monitors at work and I would love to run them both on DVI out (currently one DVI, one VGA on a GeForce4 4600). I know Matrox has two cards that do this, the G550 and Parhelia, but I’m not really partial to Matrox. I was hoping to find a NVIDIA card that can do this which isn’t a Quadro. I saw on ASUS’s website the V9180 VS, but I can’t find anyone who sells it. What I really would like is a GeForce4 4600 or better with 128MB, not that game or anything on my work computer ;)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    i mean if you don't game on your work computer, why bother with a ti4600 or whatever, get one of those great 2d performance and picture quality ones.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Dual DVI you're pretty much stuck with Matrox. I mean, come one, game performance isn't THAT bad on them, you can play the second-from-latest generation of games on them just fine.
  • SputnikSputnik Worcester, MA
    edited June 2003
    i'm almost sure that you're not gonna find eighter an Nvidia or an ATI card with dual DVI simply because they'd need to have an extra ADC on them in order to work wiht a second DVI output.

is there a problem with the VGA one? I've never really noticed much of a difference between DVI and VGA on FPs.

and like primesuspect and leishi85 also said, I'd go with the matrox cards (preferably the G550 for price reasons)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    The G550 is not a dual DVI card. The only dual DVI cards they have are the parhelia and the G750. I can tell you that the Parhelia is a simply beautiful card.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    one of Gainward's Ti4600s has dual dvi... newegg has them in the refurb section right now in fact...

The Parhelia is decent too, but it's 3d performance is, err... laughable at best. I've seen it doing 6-8k in 3dmark 2001se. My R8500 does 11,000+ when I've set the clocks to 320 core/295 memory, and 9,000+ stock...
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    Matrox P750 is dual dvi and should be out soon.

Check the main page articles and reviews > video cards for reviewage.
  • XanthosXanthos Fairfax, VA
    edited June 2003
    Excellent reivew MediaMan. I think the card fits the bill exactly. I'll pick it up when it comes out later this month.

Thanks.
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    You are most welcome. :)
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    does this fit the bill?

Asus V9180 Video Suite AGP 8X Geforce 4 MX440 DDR 64mb VIVO Dual DVI Retail V9180VS
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=N82E16814121138

~dodo