windows media player 9 messed up my sound

dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun Member
edited March 2004 in Science & Tech
ok My surround sound was badass. I have the a7n8x-e motherboard with sound storm sound chip. And like everything was awesome sounding. Then today I decided to update to windows media player 9. and now everything sounds like ass. Like muffled.... no trebel. Almost as if the sound is comming out of a cardboard box. Anyone ever get this??? How do I fix this nonsense....

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2004
    I had that happen to a sound blaster live one time. To fix it I had to re-install the sound card drivers. But before that just go into your sound config and just make sure that it didn't all get changed around. Sometimes it'll switch it from X speakers down to 2 and reset all your equilizer settings back to defaults....etc...etc...
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Reinstall the drivers. If that doesnt work in media player 9 there is a place where it selects your speakers give thata a shot. If that doesnt work uninstall WMP9 stick with 8!
  • e-natione-nation state college, pa
    edited March 2004
    i don't know if this helps at all... but, i had mistakenly thought MP9 did the same to me, when actually it was the K++ audio codecs that i installed around the same time (way back when K lite first came out) which messed up my sound-- sounded like the signal was being "overdriven"... or "clipping"... all i had to do was uninstall the K++ codecs and things went back to normal.