Man am I getting a good oc here!

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited July 2004 in Hardware
So far I have my 2.8 P4C overclocked to 230 fsb without raising the voltage once! So far a 15% increase or 30X14=420Mhz increase! ...AND NO VOLTAGE RAISE! Not one single problem since I started about 3 hours ago step by step.

Comments

• yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2004
    Dang, I reached my limit, my 1.525 (lowest setting) limit. It works perfectly continous times at 234fsb, but 235 every time (3) it goes to a blank screen after windows splash.

Now I do it again!

:fold: ing champion here I come, lolly
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    very kewl!!! post a CPU-Z or CPUID
    edited May 2004
    Okay, I got it to 248 fsb at 1.5375 volts, but then a lot of bad happened. Its runnin 250 now at 1.5875 volts. How high of volts would you go with air cooling (Zalman 7000 all cu)?

I am also wondering, can the voltage options on the motherboard damage the cpu at all? Or is it only the added heat from higher volts running that hurts it?
    edited May 2004
    The final stable clock I have decided on is 245 fsb, at 1.5375 volts, for a total of 22.5% increase, or 630Mhz oc, or 3,430Mhz total.

I went all the way up to 1.65 volts and only could get to 251 fsb.

Fin.
    New area of interest, the DDR memory:
    I have it set to auto, its XMS 3200 but now says 266mhz, before oc it said 400mhz. Should I put it up to 400 like its rated? Higher volts? I have had serious trouble with the ram before.
    I wanna post the results, I'm having troubles, can someone quickly tell me exactly what I should do? Do I need to upload it to the web or something first?
    edited May 2004
    post some benchmarks! go download sandra2004 and post some mem benchs
  • NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited May 2004
    Nice, overclock dude!

You gotta try for 250 now :D

I have been able to run stable just under 275 on my 2.6C :D
    edited May 2004
    is all this being done @ 1:1?

post a CPU-Z!
  • edited May 2004
    yagga wrote:
    The final stable clock I have decided on is 245 fsb, at 1.5375 volts, for a total of 22.5% increase, or 630Mhz oc, or 3,430Mhz total.

I went all the way up to 1.65 volts and only could get to 251 fsb.

Fin.
    New area of interest, the DDR memory:
    I have it set to auto, its XMS 3200 but now says 266mhz, before oc it said 400mhz. Should I put it up to 400 like its rated? Higher volts? I have had serious trouble with the ram before.
    I wanna post the results, I'm having troubles, can someone quickly tell me exactly what I should do? Do I need to upload it to the web or something first?

It's not running syncrinized anymore, thats why it says 266 now and 400 before. 200 fsb, which is your cpu's default bue speed is the same as 400.
    If my maths is still right, you are running with the 6/5 divider. 245/6X5=203 or so. Which version of the Corsair do you have? Is it the LL version? What is the rated timings on them? This could be interesting! You see, if those memorys are as good as i think they might be, you MIGHT be able to run the same settings, but synced. It's a HELL of a difference between 200 and 250 fsb. Give me the exact modelnumber from that Corsair.
    edited May 2004
    The Fantastiko Corsair 3200 400ddr XMS series. Need more?
  • edited May 2004
    Yes, there are 3 or 4 models of them. 2X256? Do they say LL as in low latency?
    Get a sig with your hardware dammit! :P
    edited May 2004
    that would require work, and I tried once and I went over my limit of 1000 characters and it got erased cause I couldn't go back. I will try again, sometime. I need it in picture form. Just type it into paint or something and put it on?

It is 1 stick 512MB, DDR400, Corsair XMS Platinum series, it says CL2 in bottom right corner, 3200C2PT in upper middle, CMX512 in upper left, C330199 in upper right

This is everything on there other than the serial number
    edited May 2004
    I decided I couldn't resist changing the memory frequency. I first changed it to 320Mhz (333), it worked flawlessly, so.... I HAD TO CHANGE IT AGAIN! This was my problem, at 400 the computer turns on, but it will not show anything, its completely blank (hey, just like last time!). I have tried resetting cmos several times, sometimes for many hours at a time, I've had power on and off to mobo when cmos resetting, I've even flipped the lithium battery out and still after several hours tonight it still does not show a screen.

ME DUMB!!! :jelly: Me real dumb!
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    oops. :(
  • NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited May 2004
    Yup... I have the same memory as you... except it's 256x2 PC-3500C2PT

I have had 2 boot problems before after OC a bit too high.

One is the plain black screen u describe... I don't remember how I fixed that, I just kept restarting it and it eventually worked.
    The other one .... it was ugly. The P4 HT boot screen was all discolored and wierd looking. Obviously it was too high that time :P
    edited May 2004
    My worst fear with computers is non other than that no screen boot! You can't tell what the hell happened and feel absolutely hopeless. I got it fixed only by resetting the cmos while the computer was on a bunch of times and it still would boot back blank (after one time booting), but finally worked. I sure hope I don't wreck it messing with the jumper while it is on, but it was the last straw!
  • edited May 2004
    yagga wrote:
    My worst fear with computers is non other than that no screen boot! You can't tell what the hell happened and feel absolutely hopeless. I got it fixed only by resetting the cmos while the computer was on a bunch of times and it still would boot back blank (after one time booting), but finally worked. I sure hope I don't wreck it messing with the jumper while it is on, but it was the last straw!

Next time try holding down the insert key while you turn it on and it's booting up.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2004
    I'm building a new rig, Asus A7x-x, Athalon XP 2100+, PC2100 512DDR, Wondering if someone could help me with calculations and/or experiance. I appreciate any help I get, thanks.