Taking a break

BDRBDR
edited November 2003 in Folding@Home
I'm taking a break from folding for awhile, so now's your chance to overtake moi.

I'll be back... with more firepower.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    enjoy :wave:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    w00t! see you soon BDR!
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited November 2003
    Don't be gone too long.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Yes, don't be gone too long. We have gotten used to you around here! :D
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited November 2003
    Your respite has been well earned, BDR.
    Come back when you're ready. :)

Please don't leave the forums though. Your presence aside from folding is very much welcomed.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Everyone deserves a break now and then.

Leo

:wave:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    hope to see you back real soon BDR ...good luck! :fold:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    BDR had this to say
    I'm taking a break from folding for awhile, so now's your chance to overtake moi.

I'll be back... with more firepower.

There it was, i was actually counting minutes until this thread was created. Not that i wanted it, but i just knew it was going to happen. Sorry if i offended you, it wasn't my intention at all but please don't take things so personal. What is it, 3:rd or 4:th time you "take a break"? All this for a damn RTMF thing? You do understand that you make yourself look silly right? I don't give a flying rat if it is the king himself, i will type RTFM to anyone that SHOULD read a damn manual. We did help you in the end didn't we? I mean, you practically build a new rig every week and yet can´t open a damn pdf file? If you decide to go away, please stay wherever you go this time. I know I sound stupid by typing this but ffs, enough is enough. Take things as a woman, not a 12 year old spoiled kid. Again, if i offended you before or now, i'm sorry for that.

Fold on though, that's the important thing.
    edited November 2003
    Steady on there Mack' buddy.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Steady what???

Care to explain?
    edited November 2003
    It means to just go easy on her. That's all.
    edited November 2003
    Note to self: Never piss off a Norwegian. (They let stuff crawl up their butts too easily.)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    :rolleyes2

Jesus H. Christ on a raft™.

If you can't bother to look at a PDF, why should we bother to help you, BDR? The primary goal of working on a computer is to get it functioning. The first step in any endeavor is to look at a manual to see if you've missed anything. If those two things are true, why is it so troublesome to hop on one of your several computers and take a look at a manual?

Why do you "Leave" every time something remotely offensive happens? It's a forum. We have extremely varying senses of humour. I'm an anal-retentive literalist, Mack is a jovial flaw-poker, nightshade is the king of brutal sarcasm... You must recognize these traits, and learn to live with them. All of us have, in large. What is stopping you from lightening up, and accepting that RTFM doesn't really have negative connotations? It's just one of the internet's many acronyms. WTF, STFU, etcetera. None of those are completely serious any more, the context in which they were designed makes it impossible.

Why do you seem incapable of accepting humour that gently pokes fun at life's little oopsies? We've all been victims of that. I've poked fun at Shorty for borking the dev server. People have poked fun at me simply for being wrong (Because it's so rare ;D)...You learn to chuckle and roll with it. Get them back later. There's plenty of time.

Relax. Stop overreacting. Drop the melodrama. Come back. Enjoy.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    She's just taking a break; why you all gotta be flyin' off the grill, yo? :p
    edited November 2003
    Thrax had this to say
    Jesus H. Christ on a raft™

Just out of curiosity, who exactly owns the licence to that?
    edited November 2003
    No, she's not just "Taking a break."

This time she's "Taking a break" because someone told her to RTFM. Last time she "Took a break" it was because people were poking fun at her for her Dells. She's never just "Taken a break." It's always because some minor, niggling, and irrelevant event has been exploded into a shower of melodrama.

Woe, I'm leaving..Pity me.
    edited November 2003
    Spinner had this to say
    Thrax had this to say
    Jesus H. Christ on a raft™

Just out of curiosity, who exactly owns the licence to that?

Mackanz. ;D
    edited November 2003
    Maybe we should just close this thread before Thrax and Mack each have an aneurism.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited November 2003
    I don't know what happened or why, but I wouldn't expect BDR to come back if she reads this thread. Her choice.

Negative comments, like those made in this thread, could cause others to "take a break" also. :rolleyes2
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2003
    I wouldn't come back either. She came here for the great personality of the forums, the helpfulness, the community feeling around here and if thats not here then why stay.

When I first read this thread I had no idea what had happened over the weekend since I was away the whole time but I dont expect her to come back either.

BDR: You are always welcome to Team Short-Media. You bring a nice-personality to the team and forums. Another view on things.

Thread is closed. If anyone else wants to complain, PM me.
This discussion has been closed.