computer restarts unexpectedly

edited July 2004 in Hardware
well i dont know, my computer will restart when im am playing games, the games that my computer has restart while playing were GTA 3, GTA: Vice City, and Counter strike.... i cant seem to figure out what the problem is, so i resorted to here.. anyone have any ideas please let me know.

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Does it warn you? Does it just reboot? What are your system specs?
  • edited July 2004
    it doesnt warn me, it just reboots

AMD 2100+ 1.73ghz
    GIGABYTE "GA-7N400-L" nForce2 Ultra 400
    512 pc3200
    Geforece 4 ti4200 128mb
    2 - 20 gig HDD's
    Windows XP Pro

and also my logitech elite keyboard stopped working in my computer when the computer started rebooting on its own., it wouldnt boot up while the keyboard was plugged in, and when id pull it out, and my computer would start on its own without me pushing the ON switch.
  • edited July 2004
    alright well thanks anyway
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2004
    typically, reboots are due to overheating. when there is no warning or anything, but it just restarts, the cpu might be getting too hot. so try running it with the case apart and make sure the HSF is securely seated. other than that, we might need some temps, but that is what i would guess off the top of my head . . .
  • edited July 2004
    Is that keyboard USB? I had problems similar to this when I had a system which didnt have a northbridge fan and often overheated. Fixed it with some proper case cooling.

Try cooling that and see if you have the same problems.
  • edited July 2004
    temp = 52.c @ 3100 rpms from my volcano 9, so i turned the fan up to 5200 rpms
  • edited July 2004
    now is down to 47.c