Epox 8RDA+ Problems

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Hello,

I have a few problems with my newly installed 8RDA+ board and didn't find any effective help so far.

Before posting my questions here is my setup :

- TBred 2100+ (JIUHB 0249 DUT3C, I'm sure about the year/week but not for the rest but I guess it's right)

- 2 X 256Mb PC3500 Corsair XMS CAS2

- 2 X Maxtor 80Gb 8M Cache HDDs

- Hercules 3D Prophet II GeForce2 GTS 64Mb

- 16/48 Samsung DVD

- 52/24/52 Asus CDRW

- Antec TruePower 550 PSU (for the mobo, dvd, cdrw, hdds and two of my 80mm case fans)

- 1 Digital Doc 3 - 8 Channels

- 1 Digital Doc 5 - 8 Channels

- AMK OCD-810 Full Tower Case

- 1 Enermax 550Watts for the Digital Docs controling the case fans, and also for the fans that are on my WC setup radiators.

- DangerDen Maze 2 CPU WaterBlock + DangerDen Chipset WaterBlock each have their own WC circuit, the CPU have a MaxiJet MJ-1000 pump and an acquacoil radiator, the chipset have a Rio 600l/h (if I remember well) pump and a small radiator I used at the time I had my Athlon 850 SlotA / Abit KA7-100 rig.

- There are 2 ADDA 120mm on the acquacoil, one pulling air on the rad and another pulling air out both are on 7V, the other rad have a single Sunon 120mm 69CFM fan.

Details of the case fans setup :

- 2 Delta Black Label 60mm fans as HDD coolers on the two lower 5" 1/4 bays pulling air in

- 1 Sunon 80mm Fan pulling air in (with filter grill on a hole made on the plastic front pannel and a chrome grill on both sides of the fan through a hole made in the case's metal) at the front bottom of the case.

- 1 ADDA 120mm 108.4CFM under the Sunon 80mm

- 2 YS-Tech 120mm 131.5CFM on the left side pannel in front of the CPU pulling air in (with filter grills and chrome grill)

- 2 ADDA 120mm 108.4CFM in front of Chipset and RAM pulling air in (with filter grill and chrome grills)

- 1 Sunon 80mm and 1 ADDA 120mm on the top of the case pulling air out

- 2 3DCOOL 80mm fans and 2 Sunon 80mm fans pulling air out at the top rear of the case

- 1 3DCOOL 80mm at the bottom rear near the CPU pulling air out

Here are my questions and problems :

1- The 80mm fans that are in front bottom and rear bottom are plugged on the Antec's connectors dedicated for fans but only one is working.
Has anyone using Antec PSUs have ever had this problem?

2- My comp randomly restarts and start beeping giving the FF Post
Code, to allow my comp posting properly I must switch off the Antec and pull out then pull back the power cord, sometimes several times. Or take off and back in my vidcard.

3- On the user's manual they don't give clear instructions on how to plug on the mobo the SPDIF Cable (which is in my case a 2 female pins cable) so I assumed it had to be connect on the pin illustrated in the manual as SPDIF In... And... it wasn't the right way to plug it.
Smoke went out of the case and the cable seems visibly damaged at the end which is on the mobo side, on of the 3 small wires is cutted, and the end which is plugged into the DVD Drive does not want to get unplugged... Now what should I do ? I can't remember the use of that SPDIF cable, but if it is needed for DVD playback, I'm affraid I'll have to buy another DVD drive What do you guies think?

4- I want to be able to play audio cds from my CDRW too. Can I use the mobo's AUX-IN connector for that?

5- Another thing, my +5V line is at 4.945V and my +12V line is
fluctuating from 11.795V and 11.856V, that's kinda low for a non
overclocked and non overloaded system, my Tbred 1700+/Abit KG7 rig is over 5V even when overclocked and this with a PowerWin 450W PSU.

6- When I click on start > shutdown the comp doesn't shutdown it gives me the message that I can safely shutdown my comp.
I've browsed the bios, there is no setting that refers to this.

7- There is a thing that is really starting to make me mad : each time I reboot (software or driver installation, remember this is a new windows install, I've just mounted this comp), change some settings in the bios , the mobos beeps and I have to turn the PSU's switch off take off the power cord, most of the time I have to repeat this process several times to be able to post and boot.
It does not take in account the mult and FSB settings that tells I
have a 2100+ Tbred b. I'm manually modifying CPU settings because most of the time the board detects my CPU as a 1500!!

Other hardware than listed in my today's first post is only my usb
webcam, I've not yet installed my usb printer, laser printer, serial
IR receiver. I've unplugged Epox add-on cards (USB, FireWire, Game Port). I also have my ethernet ADSL Modem/Router connected on the onboard NIC.

My OS is Win 2k Pro SP4 + all the latest patches.

So far I've only installed : Nvidia WHQL localized drivers 2.03 (and upgrade them yesterday to 2.24), MSN msger, Yahoo, Messenger, DU Meter, Epox USDM, eDonkey, KAV5, SPF 5.5 Pro, and some of the softwares that comes with my webcam.

I'm gonna install PestPatrol, and SpamNet, and some other softwares in the coming days.

The comp is not yet overclocked or bios heavily tweaked, because I haven't already finishing organizing wires, plugging fans on the digital docs, placed all the thermal probes.

I also have unplugged USB, FireWire, and Game Port add-on cards for now the time to solve the problems I'm having.

I hope that those problems are fixable, this is my fisrt step outside Abit's world, and so far I'm not really reinsured.