Promise Fast Trak 378 onboard driver

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Sup fellas .. one of my AMD Athlon 64 motherboard (Asus K8V Deluxe) has two onboard Sata & Sata Raid controllers .. the first one is the VIA VT8237 Sata/Sata RAID controller .. the second is Promise FastTrak 378 Sata/Sata-IDE RAID controller .. the IDE for Promise RAID has 1 IDE connector.. what I wanted to know is.. can I run just a IDE HDD off the Promise FastTrak 378 controller in a single drive configuration.. like a normal IDE HDD connected to the primary IDE controller on a motherboard..

Anyone else have this onboard RAID controller and successfully do that? I know it's a common controller.. thing is, I'm not sure which driver to use either.. I have FastTrak 378 RAID drivers, and then I have FastTrak 378 Sata drivers (ATA mode).. do I use the RAID driver? I'm sure I would'nt use the Sata driver.. I might not even be able to do this, But I have seen other people run regular IDE drive setups off a RAID controller before..

Comments

• edited July 2004
    Hmmm.. maybe it is the Sata (ATA mode) driver ..

My first boot from the FastTrak 378 IDE controller with the XP disk said "No HardDisk found when I went to install XP" .. the was without loading "any" driver..

Second boot I pressed "F6" when prompted then when it asked me to specify a driver .. I loaded the "Sata (ata mode)" FastTrak driver.. and it loaded and the installation started.. it's formatting now as I type this...

hopefully it was the right driver.. guess I'll see in a few..

:jelly: