prescott temps

edited September 2004 in Hardware
Hi,I would like to know what temps do you get with prescott cpu`s and what is the danger zone of these cpu`s. I have the thermaltake vm7000 wich has 5 fans (3 80mm and 2 100mm i think). I also have the thermaltake volcano 7+ cpu cooler(kind of noisy at 6000rpm) When in room temp. ~25(using aircondition) i get 39c idle and 52c full load (after more than 2 hours of gaming). The temps just drop in like 30 secs when leave it for idle again. The other strange thing i noticed is i overclock from 2.8 to 3.4 and it gets only 2c up. Is this normal with Prescotts??
Please tell me your opinion about my air cooling. is there anything more i can do?? (already cleaned up the wires for max airflow)/

Comments

• SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited September 2004
    ok, here is the problem. your processor is a p4 prescott.
  • edited September 2004
    52C is actually good temperatures on a Prescott on such high ambient temperature.
    You can safely use your overclock without worrying about it.
    If you are worried about noise, see if you can afford one of Thermalrights or Zalmans heatsinks where you can use a lower rpm fan but cools the cpu just about the same.

SSR 06,

The Prescott actually puts out close to the same amount of heat as it's equalivent in A64. However, the "old" northwood is a better and cooler cpu, but you won't notice any difference in gaming and cpu intensive applications.