Need Help Fast

edited September 2004 in Hardware
Yesterday i went to install on my system my new samsung dvd-rw. I installed it and powered up the system. The first time it went into windows and after 1 minute the screen went blank. Checked the temps but they were ok. Boot up again. Boots nornaly until the welcome screen of windows. Stucks there. After that time i reset but no signal. All the fans of the case turn on (5), the volcano 7+ fan turns on, the green light is on (of the motherboard) but cannot seem to boot. Don`t get any beeps. My motherboard is asus p4p800.
prescott 2.8e(checked on friends computer and works fine)
512mb ddram jetram (also checked and work fine)
a friend of mine said that maybe it is the psu. Could it be it?? Please HELP!!!!!
The psu is a thermaltake purepower 430w

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    maybe the psu but simplest thing first is it link to anything and are the jumpers set?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2004
    First have you removed the DVD-R/W to see if the problem goes away?

Next make sure that you have the jumpers set correctly ie master/slave cable select those sorts of settings.

However I agree it does sound like a PSU problem in that you aren't getting enough juice. Unless you need them because you are massively overclocking things you can probably cut back on some of the fans also.

Oh one last thing double check that you didn't knock the video card loose during the install or any other cards if they are slighly ajar it will cause that kind of problem also.
  • edited September 2004
    checked everything. The motherboard is burned. Already ordered the asus p4c800e-deluxe motherboard.
    Is by any chance the dvd-rw responsible ????
    It runs just fine when connecting it on usb
    Need advice before connecting it to my new pc