Gameboy Advance Broken?

KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
edited December 2004 in Gaming
Ok so this may not be the best forum on the internet to present my problem, but it's one of the biggest forums I know of (that actually has an intelligent population). If any of you know of a good Gameboy Advance forum (one comprised of enthusiasts, not 12yr olds) pleeeaaase let me know.

My little sister's Gameboy Advance SP was left out in the rain for a day or so. I removed the game, the battery cover and the battery and allowed a couple days for it to dry. With the battery back in and a different game in the GBA, I powered it on. The Power LED blinks red once and nothing else happens. With the AC Adapter connected, the Charging LED stays orange, but when turned on, the Power LED blinks once and the screen flashes real quick but then stays black.

Is there any hope?

All help is appreciated.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    sorry to say my friend, I think your GBA is toast. If it's still under warranty, you can get it replaced, but it's such a (relatively) cheap system that you are probably better off replacing it...

Maybe you should replace it with a DS - they're backwards compatible :D
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited December 2004
    I don't believe the DS is backwards compatible with the really old gameboy games though, like the ones before color, and maybe even the color ones too. I may be wrong though.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited December 2004
    Well if your SP isn't under warranty then your going to need to disassemble the SP and take a fine brush or a cotton swab and apply rubbing alcohol to the pc component board till the oxidization is gone. Also on the positive and negative leads on the battery the oxidization is what’s causing the short in the game boy.