Watercooled

edited October 2005 in Hardware
I just finished installing my watercooling kit on my PC. I bought the thermaltake BigWater. http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005bigwater/cl-w0005.htm

My computer runs now from 2.8 to 3.2 and have temps 41 idle and 46 full load. when to stock speed runs 38 idle and 42 full now

Please tell me if these temps are good and if there any tricks on watercooling so you can get better performance.
I know i can drop the temps little bit lower as the pump is almost to low on water and my pc is little bit messed up with the wires as you can see below

Any commennts are welcome

http://www.icronticforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4617&stc=1

http://www.icronticforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4618&stc=1

Comments

• youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited July 2005
    cool, are the added fans loud?
  • edited July 2005
    cool, are the added fans loud?

Basically i removed the 3 case fans so now i only have 2 fans and one for the radiator. It is basically very quiet
  • edited July 2005
    good job with keeping the inside clean,like it :thumbsup:
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Very nice!!!

I would suggest that you clean up as mouch of the wireing as possible, and as far as the water cooling goes being to low on water can hurt you. With industrial water cooling and small being alike, the more water that gets to flow over the surface of the heat source and through the cooling block the better.
  • edited July 2005
    Fixed the wiring a little bit and filled in the tank to top. Now i have 35c idle and 40 full load when working at astock speed. My question is will i be getting lower temps on winter than on summer or will it be the same. My Old cooling had the cpu down to 32c at winter (heater set to 25) and now in summer down to 40 (aircondition set to 25). Will i have any difference???
  • ChemicalChildChemicalChild Canada
    edited September 2005
    Out of curiosity why did you use a thermaltake watercooling system and not another brand?, IME thermaltake makes some weak product except for maybe their heatpipes like xp120 and xp90. you could probably lower that temp with another system like a koolance or a custom watercooler.
  • edited September 2005
    the watercooling kit of thermaltake is cheap and has big performance.i have now temps of 32c and 40 full load and working from 2.8 to 3.2. To do this i just change instead of pump->cpu block->radiator , to pump->radiator->cpu block. For 100 dollars (about) i think it has excelent performance
  • edited October 2005
    Your question?

Well, maybe outside temps won't affect watercooling as much as air, I don't know.
    However, your temps will always rise with room temperature. Think of it this way.

Room temperature defines how cool the water will be when you start your system, and hence how cold your system can EVER get. Unless, you know, you start evaporating it or something.

Also, what you're using to cool the warmer water is the air passing over the radiator. That air is at room temperature.
    So, again, that limits your ultimate cooling abilities. With water or air that is.
    Not true of Freon or phase-change or peltier.
    But then... Who wants to do THAT. :)