need 6800 cooler

edited December 2005 in Hardware
Anyone knows which is the best cooler for my xfx 6800????
I would like to cool also the ram

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    artic cooler silencer for Nvidia,

back.jpg

apparently they rock
    edited November 2005
    you have to watch out, they have so many versions and revisions of this cooler, make sure to get the right one.

NV Silencer 5 REV.2 (6800 LE/GT/Ultra)
  • edited November 2005
    Thanks. I think i will give it a try. I am also thinking of watercooling the gfx as i have already have a watercooling kit.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Watercooling would be sweet since you have that setup already, But I have an arctic cooler (NV Silencer) on mine and wow, silent and very good cooling!! Two thumbs up from me!!
  • edited November 2005
    basically i have the thermaltake bigwater watercooling kit. i am not sure though if it can handle another extra waterblock for the gfx card
    edited November 2005
    personaly i wouldnt man, i mean, adding that heat from the gpu into your loop might cause some serious problems.

i would grab this cooler and dedicate that WC loop for your cpu.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    citrixmeta wrote:
    personaly i wouldnt man, i mean, adding that heat from the gpu into your loop might cause some serious problems.

i would grab this cooler and dedicate that WC loop for your cpu.
    A valid point.:thumbsup:
  • edited December 2005
    Yes i know. I have my processor from 2.8 to 3.4. My temps are very nice compared to the oc. i am at about 33 c idle and 44 at full load. So a watercooling won`t affect the heat so much. The problem is though that with watercooling you can`t cool also your ram. So i am going to go with the nv silencer most probably. I would also like to ask if anybody knows why when i unlock my gfx pipelines i cant oc it.