Annoying pop up

edited February 2006 in Science & Tech
I am randomly getting one anoying pop up about winfixer 2006. When i close the window it says to me that myh system is not scan yet and gives me an option for ok and cancel. I push cancel but it opens another window and says to press open to start scanning.
Does anybody has this problem also???
I have tried everything but none spuware can find it

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2006
    First thing on those types of pop-ups never hit cancel. Always just close the window by hiting the X or by pressing Alt+F4. Hitting cancel doesn't actually cancel it.

From there go into add-remove programs and see if it's residing if it is, remove it. That may or may not stop the problem. However once it's removed do a full anti-virus and ad/spyware scan and it normally will remove it.

If it doesn't though then it's nested and you have to go to more drastic measures.

This link has some pretty good instructions on how to remove it and the tools to get rid of the trojan file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic18610.html
  • edited February 2006
    i do not click cancel but i click the x .
    it does the same thing. Cannot find it into add/remove programs. Tried adaware, spy bot seek & destroy, i did full check with my antivirus and still nothing