New PC parts

edited January 2007 in Hardware
So after my little accident on the previuos threat this is what is going to be my new system.

Mobo : Msi p965 platinum
cpu : intel core 2 duo E6400 2.13ghz
ram : corsair value 2x1gb (already have heatsinks to install)
gfx : xfx geforce 7600gt 256mb xxx edition
psu : cooler master igreen 500watt

HDDs, optical drives and tower case will be my old ones.
Also the core 2 duo will be watercooled by my good old bigwater.

I know that the mobo isn`t great for ocing as the max fsb they have reached is 366mhz, but i don`t thing that i am going to need any ocing soon or when i need i will be able to take the cpu atleast up to 2.4.
Pictures will be available as soon the goods arrive:D :D:D

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    WOO HOO!! Man I love new hardware!!!!!!!!:banana:

Do you have the parts yet?
  • edited January 2007
    My mobo, psu and ram arrived. I am expecting the cpu and gfx to arrive in like 2 hours. So i will have the system up and running in like 3.5-4 hours. Pictures and benchmark results will be posted asap.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    airoh69 wrote: »
    My mobo, psu and ram arrived. I am expecting the cpu and gfx to arrive in like 2 hours. So i will have the system up and running in like 3.5-4 hours. Pictures and benchmark results will be posted asap.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • edited January 2007
    So here are my first two benchmarks. No tweaks no ocing , nothing. Everything stock.

http://www.icronticforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1052&stc=1&d=1169650245

http://www.icronticforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1053&stc=1&d=1169650245

What do you think about the scores???
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited January 2007
    Scores are about right for your gear. The selection of the 7600 won't be the best for gaming, but not a bad mid range card. See if you can crank a few more mhz out of the video at least to get those scores a little higher.
  • edited January 2007
    Tried ocing a little bit on the cpu. Scores went up to 104000 on aquamark without ocing the gfx. I did not find any game until now that will not play at full graphics.
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited January 2007
    airoh69 wrote: »
    I did not find any game until now that will not play at full graphics.

Guess that partly depends on what resolution you play at. My lcd is 1920x1200 lol :D
  • edited January 2007
    My tft only supports up to 1280x1024 resolution, so thats what i play