Weird 7600gt speeds

edited January 2007 in Hardware
I have just purchased an xfx 7600gt xxx edition. The specs of the card from what i read at the net are supposed to be 590/800. I have checked from rivatuner and from nvidia drivers, checked other drivers aswell and my speeds are 650/800. Thats 60mhz diff at the gpu. Why is this???

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2007
    Are you OC'ing your rig?
  • edited January 2007
    No. I am not ocing anything. I am not a noob in ocing, so i can understand if using stock speeds. Of what i found out. The speeds of my card are the speeds of the xfx 7600gt fatality version. I have the xxx version wich normally are 590. It seems that xfx did a mistake and put the xxx edition fan on the fatality version and shiped it as xxx edition.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Lucky you!!!:rock:
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2007
    that isn't uncommon on ncards as they are getting older. They often use the same cards with minor modifications and sell them as something else. But definitely lucky you.
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited January 2007
    There was a driver bug, but that was fixed a while ago. How old are the drivers you're testing? I'm pretty sure the latest drivers wouldn't have that problem...

It's always possible it's just a slightly higher-clocked card. Many companies sell "OC" versions. Maybe that's the xxx in yours...
  • edited January 2007
    My speeds are correct. I am just one of the lucky ones that comes clocked at the speeds of the fatality version. The card can also oc up to 690 core and 1720 memory. No volt mods.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    airoh69 wrote: »
    My speeds are correct. I am just one of the lucky ones that comes clocked at the speeds of the fatality version. The card can also oc up to 690 core and 1720 memory. No volt mods.

Smokin:rock:

*Zuntar mumbles.... want some new hardware to play with.