linux - fah wont start

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited July 2007 in Folding@Home
I know that i've talked about quitting fah and that decision is still pending but it looks lika fah made it for me, I was in windows converting some movies and then decided to leave the computer on since it was late and the file wasn't finished, nothing strange here.

The strange part came yesterday when i booted back into ubuntu and wanted to start fah again like so many times before, it wouldn't start. The window popped up and then disappeared again. I have no idea what's going on. Like i said it worked before.

I thought that maybe i did something wrong with the oneunit flag since that didn't work anyway so i removed the reference from fah.sh but still nothing. I tried rebooting but that didn't help either. The log just says that i shut it down, no errors reported. Please help.

Just to be clear i'm using ubuntu 7.04. I'm starting to believe that the boot images i downloaded has something to do with it. I installed them prior to rebooting. Well i don't have time to search now so i hope this hasn't been asked before.

Comments

• EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited July 2007
    Ha i found the solution. Since no one here posted i checked around some ubuntu sites before finally landing in the stanford folding forum. One of the top post mentioned a new client that one should upgrade to and a light came on in my head. After download and file replacement so did fah. :bigggrin:

Unfortunately the deadline is 22.00 hours today so this wu wont make it. :sad2: :mad:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    I hate it when one of my rigs fails the deadline.... :(

I'm glad you got it worked out. :thumbsup: