I need a case

TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I'm looking for a case.

it needs to be black, aluminum, a mid-tower or a smaller than full-tower case.

these last two parts are personal preference

NO WINDOW, and NOT UGLY.

less than $140ish after PSU and shipping.
also i need all fan slots to be filled

i swear its freaking impossible

i like the chieftec dragon line of cases... all except for the stupid window. does anyone have any good suggestions?

currently im looking at a lian-li pc-7b from newegg coupled with a 450w allied psu, which comes out to about 150, give or take. (i think this case is aluminum, but at www.dansdata.com the reviewer calls the case steel)

Comments

• CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited June 2003
    http://www.directron.com/da10bd.html. Many configuration options here, including optional window. Might not be aluminum.

Directron Dragon DA-01BD full-tower ATX case with door. Very solid case. Made by Chieftec. Popular among overclockers, modders, water-coolers, and other PC nuts. Color: Carbon black (gray). Power supply is optional.

Features: Maximum cooling: extra fans & vents. Easy installation: Quick release drive bays with release lever, Snap-in fan mounts. Maximum security: Lockable swing-out side panel with handle. 3 x 8cm front fan holder. 2 x 8cm rear fan holder. Two removable 3.5" cage that can hold 3 x 3.5" HDD. The lockable front door covers the 6 x 5.25" external bays and 2 x 3.5" external bays.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    PC-7
    Product Class: PC Case > Mid Tower
    Product Serial ID: Mid-09
    Spec File: spec_776.jpg
    Brand Name: LIAN-LI
    Product Specification:
    Dimension: 210x450x490mm(W,H,D)
    Drive bays: 4x5.25",3x3.5",3x3.5" internal**
    Fan: 3 x sleeve fans included**
    M/B type: ATX & pentium 4 (MAX SIZE: 12"x9.6")
    Front USB: 2 ports (support USB 2.0)
    Product Feature / Commentary:
    PC-7
    Tool- less detachable front panel
    Entry Level Aluminum PC case
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    sweetness.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    http://www.xpcases.com/index2.asp?CatID=1

some of them dont have windows
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have the pc-6085B because I didn't want the goofy window either but to tell you the truth I wish I'd gotten the kingwin instead because it has the two rear fans I wanted to begin with and looks just like the lian li ... http://www.kingwin.com/
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    yeah i originally liked the kingwin, but after seeing it in person in compusa i really dont like the platic bezel or the thumbscrews holding it on.

i ordered a pc-7b... i figure i'll just deal with it.

however, the antec sonata looks like a really cool case. it has 2 120mm fan ports and is polished and virtually silent... i like it