Crysis beta signup on FilePlanet NOW !!!

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Gaming
Don't know how long it will last but Crysis open beta and client available on File Planet.

Crysis Beta on FilePlanet

I'm a member so I got the invite and saw it was also for open beta.

Hope some of you make it in :)

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    This sucks, I did the little survey thing to enter and it said my system didn't meet the requirements they were looking for :-(
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited October 2007
    pigflipper wrote:
    This sucks, I did the little survey thing to enter and it said my system didn't meet the requirements they were looking for :-(

Clear your cache / session data and take the survey again. This time, lie
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited October 2007
    Wow..by far the most graphically intense game I've ever played. It reminded me of 3dmark05 :wtf:
    I guess my video card is no good if I want to play under the highest settings for this game.

The map I played on (Korean Shore or something to that effect) was really big. I don't quite understand how to win..capture all of the bases maybe? The choice in guns is pretty sweet, CS style, and they aren't too expensive :)
  • bonegangbonegang Kent, England, UK
    edited October 2007
    Awww c'mon: they want to test against a specific machine to fix bugs, so if you lie about the spec, they can't fix or get it wrong, game screwed, bad release, collapse of software entertainment business, tips economy over the edge, civilisation ends and we all end up going back to tic-tac-toe scratched on the cave wall. Or not.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    To late all the keys are gone !

Damn

The front page said they were still in batch 5 , went through all the steps , clicked on get your key and ..."Sorry , the beta test is closed "

Anybody have a key they aren't using ??

Scott
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    It asked me for my info and just errors out when you click submit...
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited October 2007
    ooo..I got the newest forceware that better supports Crysis, and indeed it did help with the weird glitches and such. Be sure to get that forceware update if you aren't getting the sweet graphics you thought you would be getting :thumbsup: (nvidia users that is)

btw the nuclear missile gun is intense :eek:
  • ThraxThrax
    boards his vessel for the high seas.
    🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    boards his vessel for the high seas.
  • edited October 2007
    Try again because I think they opened up more slots. I just got a key.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I've been in on this for a couple of weeks now. I gotta say, it f**king rocks!

It plays so smooth on my system too, which was a bit of a concern at the start. I've got everything maxed out @1920x1200. I just can't turn AA on at that res otherwise it chokes.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I don't meet the requirements! :confused: :rolleyes2 :p
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited October 2007
    I got the demo but I'm concerned. My PC isn't top of the range anymore. A few months ago I replaced a 7800GT with an 8800GTS, 640 Mb, just to play STALKER, which is very demanding. I go on Crysis, set things to high/medium (playing around) and it plays laggy. I chose to let it test my hardware and it sets everything at low with a res of 800x600! I mean, I'm only a little down on CPU speed and RAM, my graphics card exceeds requirements. Are we at the upgrade per game point already?
    edited October 2007
    bothered wrote:
    I got the demo but I'm concerned. My PC isn't top of the range anymore. A few months ago I replaced a 7800GT with an 8800GTS, 640 Mb, just to play STALKER, which is very demanding. I go on Crysis, set things to high/medium (playing around) and it plays laggy. I chose to let it test my hardware and it sets everything at low with a res of 800x600! I mean, I'm only a little down on CPU speed and RAM, my graphics card exceeds requirements. Are we at the upgrade per game point already?

Hi Bothered

I think you should stop playing immediately, your hardware is not up to spec. Don't torture yourself. Your only recourse is to send me your key so I can see if my hardware is up to speed. :D

Just kidding....
    I think more ram would help your sig says 1 gig. You may want to run the game and alt/tab out and look at the task manager to see what is left of your resources.

Can't wait the 2 weeks to release....

Scott
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Yeah it has some pretty stiff requirements for sure. It set my machine to medium at 1024x768 and I have a Q6600, 4GB RAM, and 2 X1950Pro's in Crossfire.

Kinda makes you wonder if this game requires a supercomputer or a shared processing model to play :)
    edited October 2007
    scott wrote:
    Hi Bothered Your only recourse is to send me your key so I can see if my hardware is up to speed. :D

And I would but I never had a key. I just downloaded the demo and off we go. I may have to wait until after Christmas to upgrade, AGAIN!, before I play it.
    edited October 2007
    bothered wrote:
    And I would but I never had a key. I just downloaded the demo and off we go.

And where was that ?

All the places I have seen to download from require a beta key.

Scott
    edited October 2007
    I can't remember. I ended up on a site that gave a list of download sites, fileplanet, worthplaying.com etc, I even started a few downloads but stopped them because they were so slow. Turned out that was down to my ISP. Here's one I just found anyway - http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_crysis_downloads.html
    Of the few I tried, none of them mentioned a key.

Edit, (shame mode) am I getting the beta mixed up with the demo?
    edited October 2007
    bothered wrote:

Edit, (shame mode) am I getting the beta mixed up with the demo?

Ditto for me , I wasn't thinking demo. I will have to snag it later, maybe it will hold me the 2 weeks.

I finished HL2 E2 for the third time and have completed most of the challange maps in Portal. ( I really like Portal !! )

Thanks Bothered !

Scott