Wanna ride bikes?

2»

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I'm going to start bike commuting this year also. After our recent move, I'm now within biking distance of one of the schools I teach for. We're also now within range of a grocery store, and I've already done a few bicycle grocery runs on nice days.

BuddyJprimesuspectJBoogaloo
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Do you currently have a bike for it CB?

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@BuddyJ said:
    Part of my plan involves building better riding stamina and improving my pedal skillz, so to do that, I purchased a fixed gear bike. My goal is to commute on it this summer and force myself to become a better cyclist.

Then, down the road I'll get a 650b or 29er. Probably full-suspension. Probably with the ability to fit 3" or wider tires to better tackle the sand on our trails.

Get the one with mudflaps. Those are designed to go off road.

@BuddyJ said:
    Do you currently have a bike for it CB?

I do. I have an aluminum Giant Cypress 21 speed with hybrid tires.

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

The weather in Dallas as been horrible....I need to ride I got the shakes

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2015

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/3-speed-front-bicycle-gearbox-efneo

This is the first kickstarter I've ever considered kicking. Looks awesome, I am just cautious of the durability. Might still get it though..

edited March 2015

Was pretty HYPE about it until they said it doesn't work on fixies. What the heck does it require you to have freewheel in the back?

It probably doesnt have a free hub inside.

"when you want to downshift, you need to stop pushing for a fraction of a second to let the gear change. It's very easy to get accustomed to it and after a while you will do it without thinking about it."

It might not be able to take back pressure.

BuddyJ
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

Just got my Old Trek 98 ZX7000 Aluminum Bike out and took it to the shop, It needs a full tune up tires , Tubes, Brakes, Shock needs oiled. But once it is done and I pick it up Ill take a picture and get on the trails this spring. Its been years but that old bike is still solid

Yay got My baby back, Time to hit some trails

BuddyJ_k

Tuning up for race season, spring!

KarmaBuddyJ

Nice, Ive got my eye on a new Ride myself But Im gonna get out and ride and see how my knee holds up after 2 surgery

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@magic every time I see a bike like that I get the hankering to get back into mountain biking.

edited March 2015

PSA: Changed a freehub out tonight. Go buy a bench vise or a pipe to slip over your wrench to get/keep your hand clear of the wheel. At least I don't need my thumb to shift.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Ouch ... :(

I don't run any more I ride a bike, a few medical issues after finally doing a 50 mile race and I am off my feet for a while and onto my ass. Strange thing for me is that riding a bike I can actually blank my mind and relax where running I would get angry and no stress relief, I am a very tense(physically) person. Gone through a 3.1 Madone which was a mistake to buy instead of an AL frame. Currently running a full ulteg Venge, not a fan of the 2016 model due to brakes and headset/spacers. Commute on a POS steal single speed and keep thinking about buying a TT bike for my Sunday and weekday solo rides. I think I can call myself a cyclist at this point. Has a couple clipless falls, spun out on the flat, drafted cars, lifted my rear wheel in a sprint, KOM'd enough.

The love of doing distance on my feet has carried over to being on a bike, it isn't the same but I will push just as hard. Tan lines on your forehead are legit.

primesuspectBuddyJMAGICAnnes

Martyn Ashton rides again!!!!!

If you don't know who or what he does sit down and enjoy for the next 10 minutes.

I'm ready for winter.

GHoosdumBuddyJ

Once you go fat...

MAGIC

Is that what those comically wide tires are for? I've been seeing those in stores, and couldn't figure if they were supposed to be for mud, snow, sand, or just for cool looks.

edited November 2015

They are specifically for winter/sand riding. A lot of ski resorts are now grooming fat bike trails for winter riding.

CB

The subtle way people tell you the off season is over.

Texas is hardcore like that.

RyderMAGICBuddyJ
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I approve.

So hyped.