How to fail at being a script kiddie

GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
edited November 2007 in Science & Tech
I just had a class a group of noobs scripts kiddies were arp cache poisoning.It was quite evident by the fact the internet made dial up look fast. Also every ssl cert was invalid and they blocked all the signing authority's.

They started asking me to sign in my server repeatedly without any reason why they would want me to.

I promptly reported them to the it department, There checking to see if the mac address matches the ones on record for the suspect.

Another way to check is look at the arp broadcasts in ethereal if the mac address brand doesn't match the routers brand then theres defiantly arp cache poisoning.

Needless to say you **** with me on a lan and you don't know what your doing, I will know.

edit: Arp cache poisoning is a man in the middle attack, the attacker pretends to be the router to the client, and the client to the router. They then capture all of the packets that flow over there connection and break secure communication techniques such as ssl, vpn and ssh. Thus resulting in a error message that the user has to agree to.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    What were they arp caching aren't you the IT dept?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2007
    RWB wrote:
    What were they arp caching aren't you the IT dept?

No im just a student, They probably wanted logins and they tryed (and failed) to push it by trying to get mine for my server.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    GrayFox wrote:
    edit: Arp cache poisoning is a man in the middle attack, the attacker pretends to be the router to the client, and the client to the router. They then capture all of the packets that flow over there connection and break secure communication techniques such as ssl, vpn and ssh. Thus resulting in a error message that the user has to agree to.

Thanks for the explanation GrayFox:cool: .. on a lighter note, how goes the website?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2007
    Thelemech wrote:
    Thanks for the explanation GrayFox:cool: .. on a lighter note, how goes the website?

Bad atm, I took down the cms becuase joomla has more holes then swiss cheese and they take forever to patch them. I didn't want to be vonerable to joomla.