A Moment of Silence, Please, For A Retiring Veteran

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited November 2007 in Hardware
Well, it's finally time to take my Ti4200 out of service. Still runs fine but upgrades have finally caught up to it.

Man, what a card. Fast in its day. Except for a brief few hour interlude a few years ago during which I had to replace the cooler, stable from the day I bought it to the day I pulled it, last night. Ti4200, I salute you.:p

Don't I wish every piece of hardware had this kind of value built into it. The only other thing I've had that comes close, off the top of my head, is the NF7-S & overclocked 2100+ combo, been running substantially overclocked from day one and continues in service to this day.

Got any stories about the veterans in your stable?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    My 9700 Pro, JIUHB 1600+ and NF7-S 2.0 powered me for more than 3 years. Venerable little rig, and I loved it.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I know how you feel. I retired my AXP 3200+, DFI Infinity Ultra B, and FX5200 earlier this year too.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2007
    I still have a NF7-S + 1800+ DLT3C Combo running with WCing I cant bear to tear apart. All it does is 100 PPD, transfer files and download Bit Torrents. :)
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I just put my Ti4200 back into circulation in a simple (yet old) 1.8Ghz P4 system for my wifes desk! LONG MY IT LIVE!!!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2007
    HEHE stuck my old PCI MX440 into a celery 700 system for the mother in law, I really miss that card as it was an excellent help in diagnosing problems with GFX as it fitted almost any board.
  • edited November 2007
    SPIKE09 wrote:
    HEHE stuck my old PCI MX440 into a celery 700 system for the mother in law, I really miss that card as it was an excellent help in diagnosing problems with GFX as it fitted almost any board.

That's a good card.....Here's a salute to a fallen soldier...