CD-Rom acting up

RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
edited November 2003 in Hardware
Hey guys,

I just formatted my sisters notebook today, from winME to win2000pro and the CD-Rom refuses to open when i press the eject button, it just makes this whirring sound as if its trying to open.

This only started happening during/after the format. it never had any problems like this previously. currently im opening/closing it via emergency eject with a paper clip

any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Sounds like the band/gear/whatever that one has for opening the drawer is getting weak - does it still close if you hit the button?

Also, if you right click on it in explorer and choose "eject" will it open then?
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited November 2003
    Sounds like the band/gear/whatever that one has for opening the drawer is getting weak - does it still close if you hit the button?

Also, if you right click on it in explorer and choose "eject" will it open then?
    Make sure anything that could be jammed in there isn't? That seems to happen a lot :);)
  • RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    GHoosdum had this to say
    - does it still close if you hit the button?

Uh notebook cdroms are not closed by hitting the button, you have to push them back in..

i tried right clicking on explorer and selecting eject... it still doesnt work

im not sure whether anything is jammed in or not, i'll have a second look
  • RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ok i managed to h4x0r it, its working now..

the trick was to hit the button again while the cdrom was whirring and whirring

rofl the thought of it is just funny aint it :P
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    notebook... I missed that part! :banghead: