Two audio channels?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited January 2008 in Science & Tech
Morning all,
Just wondering if this can be done. I have three sets of speakers connected to my Realtek audio. All are connected as line outs and all play the same sounds. Is it possible to have, say, a radio station playing on one output and the audio for a game playing on another? Currently if I have a radio station (or CD) playing on the speakers in the kitchen but I fancy a murderous spree on CoD4, all the audio gets mixed and understanding wife become a tad less understanding. This hasn't actually happened yet but my crystal ball predicts it will, soon.
Do I need more hardware or what are the options?
Thanks chums.

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    Yeah. I do it all the time. Yeah you need two soundcards or use one soundcard and integrated. Just pick the audio player to use the one device, and COD4 to use default sound. Set the default to your preferred source, and violoa.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2008
    Hmmm, thanks YAD, I think I have an old soundblaster lying around somewhere.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    bothered wrote:
    Hmmm, thanks YAD, I think I have an old soundblaster lying around somewhere.
    I have Audigy in a box somewhere as well if you need it mate. Give me a call if you find the need... ;)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2008
    Nice. Maybe the better option, if I have a sounblaster it's been kicking around for around 6-8 years and has been handled a lot. :cheers:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I shall dig it out when I get home tonight and pop it round (provided I can find it.. but I am sure it's in my normal box of bits) :)