Best Beginners Class In World Of Warcraft?

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I didn't mean offense in that, but I reaalllly cannot see skill to Beast Mastery- Although this is probably a PvP grudge. However if want to point out how I'm wrong then I'd love to know.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    "I didn't mean offense, but PLEASE POINT OUT WHERE I'M WRONG LOL"
    edited January 2008
    Basically... Yah...
    edited January 2008
    Basically, rude. Heh.
    edited January 2008
    I was saying I didn't think there was skill to it, but prove me wrong. If you can't then what's the problem? Correct statement. If it's false then I'm asking someone to tell me in what way.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    I didn't mean offense in that, but I reaalllly cannot see skill to Beast Mastery- Although this is probably a PvP grudge. However if want to point out how I'm wrong then I'd love to know.

I think you missed this part....
    StainMeNow wrote:
    I have never, nor will I ever, play a hunter.

Also, I don't give a damn about PvP. My guild is doing just fine with PvE, thank you.
    edited January 2008
    Let us assume that Anne's friend is an effective DPSer in her raids, and is a valued member of the group's progression. Clearly she is, as she's well-geared and obviously gets invited raid after raid.

She does all of this without scatter shot to add to her rotation, or TSA, or Combat Expertise, or Careful Aim, or Ranged Weapon Spec, or, or, or... She's missing many talents that sharply boost ranged DPS. Her RAP is a little low as a result of that.

So I ask you: What really has more skill? A player who's producing effective DPS for her raid group without being built for it, or the person who is <i>built</i> to do that?

I agree that BM is a pretty bad choice for PvE, but if she's doing well, then she's doing it in light of that, and that speaks to the skill of the player.
    edited January 2008
    I have nothing to say to any of you, anything I do say gets interpreted wrongly or twisted. I HAET YOU ALL *storms out*
    edited January 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    anything I do say gets interpreted wrongly or twisted

Please, show us where this occurred. If we took anything out of context, I'd like to know.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited January 2008
    I fail to see how a beastmaster spec takes less skill than any of the other two specs. Knowing how to use your pet effectively is something all good hunters should know but marksman and survival hunters could really just keep their pet at their sides and still do good DPS. It isn't as essential. A beastmaster hunter is required to know how to use a pet effectively and, as Thrax pointed out, still needs to dish out their own DPS minus some of the DPS padding talents from the other two specs. For you to say that all a beastmaster hunter has to do is pop OMGBIGREDPET is as short sighted as the popular mantra that all any hunter has to do is autoshoot and AFK.

Norge
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    *sticks his neck out*

A good part of the skill of the game is selecting skills, specing, and decinding on what gear to use. So, as much as killing and raiding are significant paets of the game and require skill and experience, so does specing and selecting your gear.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    A hunter is the easiest to play but the hardest to master. Many, many would agree with that. Try 1200+ damage per second throughout a whole raidnight. A good hunter is extremely impressive to watch. Personally, i am to stupid to be able to master a hunter so i stick with a shadowpriest.

Second hardest to play would be a raid warrior tank i think.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    My god! It feels like I just poked my head into a class of theoretical nuclear physics. :eek3: Why can't you people play mindless spray and prays like normal people :rolleyes2

;D
    edited January 2008
    WoW isn't as "Easy" as people think. As far as learning curves are concerned, you can exist in the shallow end, but the game is built on mathematics.. Lots and lots and lots and lots of it.. And if you get into that, maximizing the mechanics of the game, things get difficult and complex quickly.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    My god! It feels like I just poked my head into a class of theoretical nuclear physics. :eek3:;D

I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO SAY IT.

Color me :

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IN HERE
    edited January 2008
    Theorycraft is serious business, fo' sho'.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited January 2008
    A hunter is the easiest to play but the hardest to master. Many, many would agree with that. Try 1200+ damage per second throughout a whole raidnight. A good hunter is extremely impressive to watch. Personally, i am to stupid to be able to master a hunter so i stick with a shadowpriest.

Second hardest to play would be a raid warrior tank i think.
    As a tank with some raid experience (though not much) I'd probably say healers have a harder job. But, yes, managing the abilities and cooldowns on a protection warrior can be difficult.

StainMeNow wrote:

She speaks the truth. :o
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    StainMeNow wrote:

It makes for some excellent reading methinks :bigggrin:

I'm loving all the info I am getting from this, thanks again.
    :cheers3:

I believe I am going with a human(alliance)(inspired by Gandalf/Fizban) or undead(horde)(inspired by Raistlin/Maroque{a real evil powerful wizard NPC of mine} mage. I am also looking at the Warlock class; human or orc.

I have not decided whether to campaign or solo.
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I must agree with that- I have a raid level resto druid, and healing's harder than people make it look :P Well, from my experience, just about every BM hunter I've met has been a froob, although I have a small feeling not every one in the world is, although you're in america, no? Probably the EU hunters just being useless then
    edited January 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Well, from my experience, just about every BM hunter I've met has been a froob...

Alright, really? REALLY? Must we do this song and dance again? Sheesh. Get over yourself.

When are you planning to finally start, Thele? And if you think this is good, you should go check out the class forums at worldofwarcraft.com, you would die of happiness. :)
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited January 2008
    Don't know about US, but the EU class forums atleast are usually full of moaners of every type, although their are a few genuine threads in there. Don't even venture into realm forums unless you want to meet some very .... strange people :rolleyes2 Sorry if any of you inhabit said places, "each to their own" is what I say :smiles:
    edited January 2008
    StainMeNow wrote:
    When are you planning to finally start, Thele? :)

Next couple of days... almost done perusing the manual and what is posted here. Also browsing the main WoW site. I will definitely check out the forums on worldofwarcraft.com.
    edited January 2008
    AVOID THE FORUMS.

They are ****ing terrible.
    edited January 2008
    i'm with thrax...forums are trash. everything you need is at www.wowwiki.com and www.thottbot.com
    edited January 2008
    Or www.wowhead.com which updates faster and has more thorough information (And usability...) than thott.
    edited January 2008
    wowhead is good, but wowwiki is my primary, it has comaprision charts and beginners guides, etc. for each class and spec
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Thrax and Gate28. There is one heck of a lot of info on those 2 sites http://www.wowwiki.com/ http://www.wowhead.com/... I will be devouring the info there as well. This game is going to be fun as hell! :)
    edited January 2008
    i may reactivate if everyone rerolls on the same server =)
    edited January 2008
    Ok, I should've been more clear. What I meant was that if he thought that our petty bickering here was good reading material he would love the constant stream of crap that flows through the actual woW forums. My bad.
    edited January 2008
    StainMeNow wrote:
    Ok, I should've been more clear......if he thought that our petty bickering here was good reading material he would love the constant stream of crap that flows through the actual woW forums. My bad.

:bigggrin:....I should have been more clear... it is not the petty bickering but the responses fueled by a heavy knowledge and passion for the game that I thought was the good reading material....:tongue: