Hmmm Fans.... Need opinions.

Yayo01Yayo01 Member
edited January 2008 in Hardware
Is my case fans in a good setup?

Config:
2 80mm Side case fan
1 80mm Front Intake fan
1 90 or something mm rear exhaust fan.

Here's a picture of my pc (taken last year but the setup is still the same except the speaker and keyboard in the pic was replaced) :
New_Desktop_setup_by_Yayo01.jpg

Specs:
Monitor: Samsung 920NW 19'inch Widescreen LCD
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.20GHZ
RAM: 1GB (512x2) DDR1-400mhz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 6200 128MB AGP
PSU: A 500watt PSU that came with the PC tower (I think).
HDD : 40GB Seagate Barracuda Hard drive

Misc Hardware:
Speakers: 2.1 Edifier Speaker system + 2 cheap stereo speakers, so i can use my pc with 4.1 sound system.
Mouse: Goldfly optical mouse
Monitor: 17 inch AOC Monitor
Keyboard: Cheap Keyboard
Scanner: Canon LiDE 25
...And other stuff which i totally forgot.

So far, From my experience. My PC is running quite cool. Originally, When this PC was new. It was running at around 54'C Low 60'C High according to SpeedFan. Now, Its running at 49'C underload and 56'C on load.

One thing is annoying about my PC though is the CPU fan, It sounds like a vacuum cleaner at low temps and sounds like a Jet engine at high temp. But I find the whine actually pleasing to my ears. So I'm fine with it. :p

So, Should i keep this fan setup or change it to something better?

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Use Core Temp, it's far more reliable:
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51120

Apart from that the setup seems okay, although personally I'd put 2 at the front, one at the side and one extracting fan at the back.
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited January 2008
    Hmmm, Core Temp doesn't work for me.

Also, The problem is that the front only have one slot available.
    edited January 2008
    I hear modding cases is really easy, YAD would be able to tell you about that.
    What do you mean by it won't work? Won't install? Installs but doesn't display anything?
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited January 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    I hear modding cases is really easy, YAD would be able to tell you about that.
    What do you mean by it won't work? Won't install? Installs but doesn't display anything?

"This is not an Intel "CORE" Processor Architecture based processor, This program will not continue"

I would like to take on case modding but i'm really scared since i might ruin my hardware and I don't have the money anyway.
    edited January 2008
    Oh, I thought it worked with all intel's processors from P4 up, not just the multiple core line.

Unless I'm mistaken the only risk I can see here is making a mistake while cutting an extra hole for a fan in the front of your case (assuming you take everything out before starting work :P). But ofcourse I understand your concern. I'm not an expert in this area, but there are quiet a few here that are.