Dell E228WFP 22" LCD - No Picture!

KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
edited January 2008 in Hardware
Some info:
I've had this LCD for about 10 months now (since I started my new job) and this problem has happened off and on a few dozen times. The monitor is connected via DVI-D to my Dell dock.

The problem:
When either monitor or laptop is on and I turn the other on, I get no picture on the monitor (all black). I don't even get the overlay text that shows which input you've selected when you change inputs. However, the power button lights up green when it's on and getting a signal, and orange when it can't find a signal and goes to stand-by. Even though there's no picture, I can cycle through the inputs and the power button will stay green for one of the inputs.

Like I said, this has been happening occasionally over the last 10 months, but it's always started working again if I turn the monitor off/on once or twice.
Now I've been trying all morning and can't get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
    edited January 2008
    uggggh... of course, as soon as I posted this, it started working again.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    The first thing I can suggest is that when it "goes out", see if you can get a light shining on the panel (such as a flashlight, or just tilt it at angle towards a light source and look closely at the face) - See if you can still see some of the liquid "changing", as in the display is working but the backlights are out. It's possible that there's some kind of problem with the lights behind the panel.