Razer eXactMat warning....

DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
edited February 2008 in Gaming
No, it doesn't cause cancer in rats...

I noticed a couple of weeks that my Razer DeathAdder was starting to "catch" on the eXactMat. I looked at it closely and you could see a shiny waffle pattern where the anodized surface had worn away. This is on the smoother speed side rather than the grittier Control side. I had gotten these items for Christmas and so, was a little disappointed that the mousepad would wear out so soon. I sent an email to Razer support asking if this was normal.

Their response:
Hi there,

Thank you for your support for Razer.

This is due to normal wear and tear situation.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Razer Customer Support
www.razersupport.com

It’s a shame because the smooth speed side was the best surface I’ve ever had for mousing. So, since they won’t replace it and I’m not getting a new one myself, I’ll just use the Control side and see how that wears. I’d appreciate some feedback on what you guys use. Bearing in mind it’s important I have a smooth surface for gaming and fine control for graphics design.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I use the top of my desk, and quite honestly have not noticed a problem.

I also get "normal wear" on the desk surface; it's painted black and some of the paint has worn off.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    My desk is covered in formica. It's awesome. Not too slick, not to rough. and best of all it doesn't really wear.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Try the Func 1030 surface, thats the one i got and u can get it cheap

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=225&products_id=2453

I have had mine for 2 years, still in mint condition and GREAT control or awesome smoothness with the dual sided pad
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Ghoosdum, I thought briefly about getting a new desk and painting it black but decided to keep looking for a new mousepad. airbornflight....

Ah, GnomeWizardd! Now there's some information that could be of use. Thank you!

*Off to google func...
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    NP Dog, reason I bought the Func, I actually sat down with the Owner of Performance-pcs.com and talked to him several times (Hank is awesome ) And On his desk and on his gaming pc at home were Func mouse pads. I asked and he gave me the low down on them. Bought one and havent switched since!