Only TF2 won't connect... Steam?

SpampySpampy Madison, WI
edited February 2008 in Gaming
This issue happened to me during the open beta, pre-release of the orange box. Every other game I have will connect to exterior servers, but TF2 will browse every game and show me them all, but when i double click one it just pops up with no information besides name and IP, and all it says is that the game is not responding. I really want to get back with the crew and get my medic and pyro on, but I'm plagued by this issue. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!:bigggrin:

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Mine was working earlier tonight. Restart Steam, restart the computer?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Windows firewall, third party firewall, setting changes on router?

Has anything else changed since you ran it last? Have you logged out and logged back into steam?
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited February 2008
    Spampy wrote:
    This issue happened to me during the open beta, pre-release of the orange box. Every other game I have will connect to exterior servers, but TF2 will browse every game and show me them all, but when i double click one it just pops up with no information besides name and IP, and all it says is that the game is not responding. I really want to get back with the crew and get my medic and pyro on, but I'm plagued by this issue. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!:bigggrin:

The recent update has made my game really buggy as well. Try this solution:

- Delete TF2 from steam, then reinstall + download.

- Open up the games portion of steam.
    - Right-click "Team Fortress 2" Select properties
    - in the General tab, there will be an option called SET LAUNCH OPTIONS select it.
    - add the line "-autoconfig"
    - Launch steam. (if successful) Configure options such as controls / audio / video settings. Save and exit TF2.
    - Go back to SET LAUNCH OPTIONS, delete "-autoconfig" and then instead replace with "-novid"
    - Go enjoy.