Travian - Browser Based Game

FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
edited April 2008 in Gaming
I know most of you 'cool cats' here are into the more active game like TF2 (which rocks).

I thought I would try and introduce a few of you to a more 'slow paced' game, if that is you thing!!

I discovered a browser based game (NO INSTALLS) about 3-4 weeks ago and I have been addicted, I do not sit there and wait for my troops, buildings and merchants to develope as you would literally be watching a timer.

Instead you can build a building or train a troop and carry on with your normal daily activities, I like this game because it takes time to get anything done but does not require my complete attention!!

Not sure how many of you would be in to this type of game but I thought I would share it with you anyway!

Here is the link to it, I'm on SPEED Server 3 and my name is FelixDeSouze in it!!

If you do decide to come play, I am based in the NorthWest (You will understand when your signing up).

Give me a shout and I will guide you through the game :D:D:D:D

Some screenshots for you to have a nosy at...

s1.gif
s3.gif
s7.gif
s8.gif
s5.gif
Peace

Comments

• broady81broady81 Member
    edited February 2008
    Well, I signed up FelixDeSouze: broady81 :rolleyes2 Original as per usual :) Just starting to get the hang of it - Like the micro management :D
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Looks like my kind of game. I'll try to log on from work on Thursday. If it's not blocked, I'll play furshure.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    Great guys! Look forward to seeing you ingame!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    qch2002
    -158x36
    edited February 2008
    Added as an NAP QCH! (Non Agression Pact) - Try and get as many people to be a NAP as possible, will stop you from getting attacked as much in the long run.

You do however, have about 3 days protection.

I've sent you both some resources to help get you started!!!

If you have any Queries, please ASK and I'll keep sending resources on a regular basis to help speed up your village.

I recommend just building 1 resource at a time...

I.e. Build up your wood, iron, wheat and clay up to level 10..

I made the mistake of doing a lot of level 1's then building them up... TAKES LONGER THIS WAY :P

One of you has joined UK3 server instead of UKx (SPEED) server.
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for the advice and the resources. I assume I cannot start negotiations until I have an embassy, right?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Oops. I started on UK3 server. I'm starting a new account on Speed 3. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2008
    I just "spent" some of my gold to increase my production and build times. Looks like Wood and Clay are the ones I'm running short on. I'm stuck until 3:00PM (6 hours from now). I AM gathering a ton of villagers though. Up to 22 now.
    edited February 2008
    woohoo glad to hear it.. Please.. If you need resources PM me!

I get 3500 of each per hour in my main village!

You need to build a marketplace to be able to trade. an Embasy in order to join an alliance (guild).

Also build up your Main Building as well.. The higher this is the lower the building times are.

Trust me when you REALLY get into it, resources at level 15 take 24 hours to build! lol
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Been playing on two servers for Astro Empires(see sig). Now I guess I'll have to start playing this as I love browser games :)
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    shucks blocked at work... otherwise i would play.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2008
    Joined.

Starts me off with 35 gold. Will I need to purchase gold to become competitive as the game progresses?
    edited February 2008
    I purchased 250 gold, it helps the resource production as it increases it by 25% for 3 days. Which helps ALOT.

But it's up to you if you do or you don't, drop me a PM ingame and I will send you some resources!
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for the resources! That certainly helps :)
    edited February 2008
    Yep, thanks. I have each resource at level 5, and each has a level 3 (before you mentioned to NOT do that), I have a warehouse and granary at lvl 3, main building at 4, Embassy and market at lvl 1.
    edited February 2008
    Wow. you're way ahead of me :wtf::p
    edited February 2008
    Been at it for a bit longer than you. Broady joined 6 hours before me and already has 80 villagers to my 50. Also... what race? I took Teutons.
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, don't build your embasy up higher than level 1... UNLESS your going to make your own alliance :P which I wouldn't recommend if you have less than 750 population.

I'm Romans because when I started it said it was the easiest to build, with them you can build a resource and a village vuilding.

Teutons are the best when your stronger I think..

Gauls are good as when they are attacked they inprison people... I would suggest reading the manual on the left hand side.. It will help.

Again, if your short of resources PM me! i'll send them over! :D Be glad to help.
    edited February 2008
    I can always use resources :D
    edited February 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I can always use resources :D

How much resources can your warehouse hold?
    edited February 2008
    Here are my 3 villages... My 3rd Village is a '9 cropper', by 9 cropper I mean it has 9 wheat fields in it.. There are 15 croppers out there but I couldn't find an empty one.

These villages are good when you are building up your army, as each troop requires so many crops per hour, and when you have a good 500+ it costs a lot of wheat.

Therefore you can have MORE troops in a 9 or 15 cropper :)

Hope this gives you a good idea, and again if you guys need some info, PM me! :D
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2008
    Felix, you're offering Travian Welfare. ;D

I would feel guilty (and like I was cheating) if I took resources from you. They are something you earned, not something I earned. Thanks for the offer, though.
    edited February 2008
    How much resources can your warehouse hold?
    2300 across the board.
    edited February 2008
    Also... is your alliance interested in a new recruit?
    edited February 2008
    qch pm muggle--66 he is the boss of PANTHER, they prefer to have people with 250 population, hoever they do have a PANTH1 and PANTH2 for the younger wing until you get higher :) Tell him I sent you :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Blocked at work... :cries:
    edited February 2008
    Ok guys and girls,

Can you all PM me either on here or on Travian to let me know if you have joined as I want to add you to my Personal Allies.

Plus I know when you need help or not and I know where to send stuff to! :D

So, get PM'ing!!!
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited February 2008
    qch, your catching up to me ! I'm on 84 and your on 81 population wise - I got catapulted to destruction yesterday, and then raided 3 times since, so it's put me back a bit :sad2: Liking the game though, strategic to say the least :wink:
    edited February 2008
    I got ransacked several times over the past 36 hours. I'm at 95 now and your at 112. We'll see how things pan out as I start building an army. ;)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Joined as snehnesne.