PHP email form with attachments?

1234568»

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    That shouldn't matter. As long as boundary= is spelled correctly and it's consistent across each boundary.

UM, I was thinking of this:

$headers .= "
    =MIME_BOUNDRY_main_message \n";
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    UM, as I mentioned in my prior post, what constitutes the boundary doesn't really matter so much, as long as it's consistent. I can put
    boundary="--HerpDerpHurrDurr0123456789"

UM, see this, UM, RFC: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2046#section-5.1.1
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for your help Kwitko,

Ok, that gave me the echo of

"file uploadedMail sent. Thank you for using the MyNewName5333 Mailer."

So I guess the uploading part is working.

But now I do not get an email at all. I'm guessing because it's no longer doing the 'chunk_split'.

So where to go from here?
  • edited September 2011
    Any takers?
  • edited October 2011
    ralph wrote:
    I hope I didn't miss the answer to this, but did anyone ever figure out how to get the php code to send the message along with the attachment to someone using yahoo mail or gmail? I can't to seem get it to work. I know some people asked about it but I never saw any solutions. Please help...

I was having the same problems and what I did was to make the headers match how gmail sends them and it worked like a charm.

So I sent and simple plain text email with an attachment to myself using gmail and then viewed the headers and coded the php to match how gmail sends it.

Tested it, and it worked.

Just thought I'd shared what I did.